Home

What positions do you guys feel have little impact?

This is a discussion on What positions do you guys feel have little impact? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #49
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What positions do you guys feel have little impact?

I have four teams. They all are totally different and bring a new experience. I think overall I'm barely .500, but I have one team that is either undefeated or only has one loss... so a quality 10-0 record or 9-1. This is the build of that team.

Gold- FS
Gold- RB
Silver- CB
Silver- WR
Silver- DT
Bronze- CB
Bronze- SS
Bronze- QB
Bronze- K
Bronze- P
Bronze- DE

Here are what people are not understanding about building a dominating defense and having good special teams. I usually average 30+ points a game due to these three things:

1. Turnovers
2. Field Position
3. Ball Control

By forcing turnovers you do three things, you frustrate the other player, you stop him from scoring, and typically place yourself in good field position.

The Field Position war you win with your defense and your special teams. Big plays are bound to happen by either broken tackles or a mistake call by your defense. However, with a quality secondary you can usually catch the guy before he takes it to the house. If the other team has to drive 80 to 90 yards for every score they will not succeed the majority of the time. So, usually you don't have far to go to atleast get into FG range and get some cheap and easy points.

3. Ball Control

I have found that with the more options I have on offense I have a tendency to air it out. So either I score quickly or I give the ball back quickly. However, with a gold RB and less options on offense I typically pound the ball for yards which keeps the chains moving and frustrates the defense to the point that they start stacking the box and that is when you can start to hurt them in the air.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #50
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to comment that a good TE can be VERY DEADLY. If you can keep the opposition off the TE (with their legend S and LB) with a good running attack...your TE will have some huge plays.

I'm still working on teams. The amount of strategy is unlike any other I have seen in a football game.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1889
I would like to comment that a good TE can be VERY DEADLY. If you can keep the opposition off the TE (with their legend S and LB) with a good running attack...your TE will have some huge plays.

I'm still working on teams. The amount of strategy is unlike any other I have seen in a football game.
I second that. The teams I've done the best with have had gold or silver tight ends. They are tough to match up with, and people aren't usually equipped to handle them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 01:45 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

The most important position on the field in this game in my opinion has to be TE. A correctly utilized TE can dominate a game.

I have a team with Montana, Rice, Reed, and Okoye, but the most dangerous man on the field is Christiansen (sp?). LB's are too slow to cover him and DB's can't tackle him in the open field.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #53
YGB
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
my rankings in this game would be:

1. CB
2. WR
3. S
4. ILB
5. OL
6. QB
7. DE/DT
8. RB

if you dont have a shutdown CB you will get burnt in the passing game. If you dont have a legit ILB, you will suffer against the run. then, offensively...you need a big time WR threat (there are plenty in the silver tier), otherwise your offense stalls many times. QB is important but you can find good value picks in the silver and bronze tiers that I dont feel its a necessasity to use a gold pick on a QB.
This is absurd. You seem to have forgotten that there are 5 offensive lineman, 3 linebackers, 2 corners, and 2 safeties on any given play. Compare that to ONE quarterback and ONE runningback and you see why it is silly to place any position higher than those two.

On a side note: I don't think people realize how insanely good Dan Marino is in this game. He is the only quarter with both Rocket and Laser Arm (i think) PLUS the only one with a quick release.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #54
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGB
This is absurd. You seem to have forgotten that there are 5 offensive lineman, 3 linebackers, 2 corners, and 2 safeties on any given play. Compare that to ONE quarterback and ONE runningback and you see why it is silly to place any position higher than those two.

On a side note: I don't think people realize how insanely good Dan Marino is in this game. He is the only quarter with both Rocket and Laser Arm (i think) PLUS the only one with a quick release.
I agree with you on Marino. I am starting to really use him effectively. Plus I have him teamed with Earl Campbell. Finally Marino has a great RB in the backfield unlike his real life career where he never had a dominant rusher.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGB

For this game, and the way I play, RB and QB are definitely not at the top of the list. My personal rankings go like this....

1. CB
2. S
3. DT
4. DE
5. QB
6. WR
7. RB
8. TE
9. OL
10. LB

I have a team that is running game oriented, and obviously that one has OL, RB and TE as the most important spots, but for my 'optimum' team, that covers my flaws (pass defense), this is by far my best set up. I used legend LBs for a little while, but Run Coverage oriented LBs work just fine for me (especially since that is the position I control anyway).

I like Marino as well BTW, and if I was to choose a gold QB it would probably be him, but I'd rather use a silver or bronze qb and a gold CB or S than the other way around. I can still perform well with the weaker QB, not so much with the weaker DBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 11

"Finally Marino has a great RB in the backfield unlike his real life career where he never had a dominant rusher."

Oh Lord that's so true!!...always believed he gave Shula an extra 10 years of coaching with a very mediocre team...Like Elway until he got Davis...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »