Home

EA wants to stop 2K All-Pro Football franchise

This is a discussion on EA wants to stop 2K All-Pro Football franchise within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA wants to stop 2K All-Pro Football franchise

Well Business is Greed...sorry to say...Engineering is Innovation...EA has savy businessmen...2K has good engineers.

Too bad either company has a good mix of both....hmmm kind of like trying to find the right balance on your legends team

What TT's marketing should have done to solidify this IP is tie it to GTA IV somehow...like I don't know,,,how bout when you pre-order GTA IV offer $15 off APF 2K8...or bundle GTA with 2K8 for $85.....something to get it in the hands of ore gamers...give it away for free even...if it's not selling.....a little blip just became a bit larger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #42
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

What a post, what company doesnt want to get rid of their rival?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #43
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
lost in all this unfortunately is that the best ever pc baseball game was erased by 2k's exclusive license with mlb. everyone seems to be ok with that though

nonsense...first of all, "everyone" is not okay with it....who ever said okay to it? Second of all, saying MVP is the best ever pc game is an opinion, but not a majority opinion at all. There are plenty of people who seem to think High Heat was the best ever, and there are other console baseball games out there currently..

apples and oranges
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #44
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
nonsense...first of all, "everyone" is not okay with it....who ever said okay to it? Second of all, saying MVP is the best ever pc game is an opinion, but not a majority opinion at all. There are plenty of people who seem to think High Heat was the best ever, and there are other console baseball games out there currently..

apples and oranges
saying apf is better is an opinion as well

bottom line is 2k did the same thing with baseball that ea did with football but i don't see you guys bitching about that so by not bitching about it while going ape **** over the ea nfl license, one can easily assume you're ok with it. if you're not, feel free to rip on 2k. all i hear is how 2k is for the consumer, etc, etc etc but they put an end to a great baseball game. IMO it's a better baseball game than 2k5 was at football

and to say the two scenarios are apples and oranges is just flat out wrong. it's apples to apples 100%

Last edited by srudoff; 07-27-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #45
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
that's not good business I have no idea what some of you are talking about.

Make a better freaking product and you won't have to worry about losing out to the competition.

this is plain greed and I'm tired of people defending ea because the only ones who lose out are the fans.

stop shelling out dollars to create ditches for other companies and pay some real sports fans to fix your stale games.

if tt can do this with a small budget then what is ea's excuse for letting down footall fans?

I'm tired of all of this exclusive crap and corporations mugging everything of the fun in things for more dollars.

its ea's fault that ea is sweating. not because of tt.
I'm at work... but this post really says it all...!!!!

PS..... CHURCH....!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik

apples and oranges
Huh, High Heat wasn't in direct competition with MLB 2k. No there are not other console games out there. If you own a 360 there is one baseball game. If you own a PS3 there are two baseball games. MVP was better than 2k at the time. Sadly in the football and baseball wars the worst game won.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Riccitiello: EA Needs To Ensure 2K's All-Pro Football Is 'Not Repeatable'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
I saw this as well, was wondering when it would get posted here.

I have to say, if EA continues along this path, I'll never buy an EA game again. This is beyond 'good business'.
Bull****. As an officer/director of a publicly-held company, you have a duty to the shareholders. Yes, it sucks for the consumers, but EA is smart to do it.

End of discussion.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

i think the reason people are not up in arms with 2k over the basball license is because ea has plenty of exclusive sports licenses while 2k has 1. also ea is still trying to pursue the nba and mlb as well.

the idea that one company could be the only place to make sports games is scary especially if it is ea.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »