Home

Runnig backs are overpowered

This is a discussion on Runnig backs are overpowered within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Runnig backs are overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Its pretty balanced.

You need a good core of DTs and MLB and also good playcalling.
Ditto. I have found that you need a good LB to stuff the run in this game. I recomend spending at least one silver pick on a LB if you are having difficulty against the run.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Playcalling and on field adjustments. You can't just call a defense and think you can stop them. If your playing a top tier running back, you've got to focus more than one LB on him. You take a risk of getting burned elsewhere, but that's the trade-off. Best thing to do is hit them before or right at the line. You can't let any of those guys get a head of steam.

I usually do very well against gold RB's, it's the silver and gold TE's that kill me and that's b/c I'm selling out against the run.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just found a one-man solution to the super backs. His name is **** Butkis. Focus him on the the RB, and then let him follow the play to the line. Make sure you have enough DL to draw off blocks so he can run free to the ball. His wrap up ability really makes a huge difference. Last game I played against OJ he was held to 6 yards. Last against Payton was held to 43.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

With Butkus being so good, they really should uncensor his first name at least in this forum.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I concur. "**** Butkis" shouldn't be censored.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I disagree about the RB's being too powerful. I just think the alignments make it to where you get alot of single matchups with the RB. I know a couple of guys I play that always have two guys around the RB. I do not want the RB's toned down at all.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRaizer
Barry Sanders is ridiculous. He spins so much he looks like the damn Tazmanian Devil! I know he was a great back, but come on all that spinning makes this "simulation" feel like NFL Street.
Well remember this is a video game, and still being user controlled. So if I make hime spin 5 times he will, my problem is that when most people canot stop something they're quick to complain and call cheese.

Instead make adjustments, better matchups, playcalling,learning your opponent, this is a game of chess.

You can't expect a pawn to kill a Queen, but with the right placement and set-up it could happen.

So people smarted up and stop complaning, this game is the best game of football I've played

, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #16
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think rb's are too powerful because if a silver and of course gold lb/or run stopper gets to them they usually go down. My largest problem is getting through the blockers who pull because I find that the blocking is excellent once they get to their spots and it's difficult to get through or shed a block once contact is made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »