Home

APF estimated sales - week 2

This is a discussion on APF estimated sales - week 2 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: APF estimated sales - week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
6 million made so far. I wonder how much they see of that total back.
Probably closer to $5 million or $5.2 million. Remember that The retailer that you buy the game from has to make something off of it as well. They're probably buying the game from 2K for $50-$52 and then selling it for $60.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
I think they will wind up with around 200k units by the end of Sept, which would put it at roughly college hoops 2k7 levels....might be considered pretty good performance, depending on how much overhead went into making the game.

Anyone still think this is going to outsell Madden?
It might not out sell it, but it sure will play better. Again, if 2k had the nfl license, i think you might see a different sales picture. But the figures that Coogrfan posted are not that bad.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Last week we had a pretty good discussion about APF's opening week sales numbers.

GRAND TOTAL TO DATE: 100,355

Thoughts?

Well, from the chart I posted last week, I expected about 44K in sales, so this is quite a bit lower than what I expected going off of that chart. If you remember I had two numbers and 44K was the lower number. I basically took off that week 1 and started with week 2 as week 1 simply because it didn't make sense that a game would ever sale more copies in the second week than it would in the first.

Personally, I can say that I have yet to see one commercial for this game on TV. I know others have, but maybe there not showing it enough. I mean, besides seeing it on the shelf at a game store, how is anyone going to know about this game who doesn't look up video games online?

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 08-02-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Last week we had a pretty good discussion about APF's opening week sales numbers.

week 1: estimated sales

Here are the updated figures thru July 28th: http://vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?page=1&date=39292

Week 1: 54,321
Week 2: 22,506
Total : 76,737

PS3
Week 1: 16,574
Week 2: 7,044
Total: 23,618

GRAND TOTAL TO DATE: 100,355

Thoughts?
I would be more interested to know what 2K's goal as far as numbers - for them to consider this title a success.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

I would have been less concerned had it cracked 100K on 360 alone, but 76K+ is not good and the drops are already considerable. Like I said before a while back, this won't do better than 250K-300K and if it does I'll be in total shock.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #14
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

the people that really wanted the game already got it. 2k fails to market properly, so the numbers go down. Anyone could have seen it happen.

It's only downhill from here, since we'll soon be exiting the dry summer where APF could have been noticed, and nearing the big fall releases.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the people that really wanted the game already got it. 2k fails to market properly, so the numbers go down. Anyone could have seen it happen.

It's only downhill from here, since we'll soon be exiting the dry summer where APF could have been noticed, and nearing the big fall releases.
Right, and even if they drop the price to increase sales volume, that won't so nearly as much to the bottom line. If they drop the game $10, they're probably eating most, if not all of that price drop. They sure as hell aren't selling the game at full price to retailers only to have them drop the price and take a loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

The PS3 numbers are sad. No way they make back the development costs on the PS3 version. Of course, it's easy to look back and see they could have done a 360 and Wii version and done better.

On the other hand, I think a price drop would boost sales, and expect one when Madden releases or a week after. APF 2K8 has been a $60 game, and at $40 or less I think even Madden fans will try it out, as a secondary football game.

Without a strict NFL season attached to APF, it can sell year-round too. I'd expect modest sales from now till January 08, and even a spike from those who play Madden for a few months then grab a bargain price copy of APF late in 2007.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »