Home

Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5)

This is a discussion on Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #81
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You might be the first person around here to insinuate that 2K has something resembling marketing smarts

When I said 'mindset' I was referring to the fact TT goes out of their way to produce edgy, offensive games like GTA and Manhunt. And with APF, they add OJ, then defend it as a purely football-based decision. Which explains this comment in the article, "That alone breeds cynicism about why Simpson was included." I wouldn't call it smart marketing on TT/2K's part. It's more disingenious and entirely planned, and more than a little tacky. Seems a bit desperate to me, like they're looking for controversy. And they got it with this article.
That I can agree with, however these players aren't saints, now they are no way as bad as double murder like O.J. but a large percentage of "great" players have indulged in wrong doing in some part in their lives. If O.J. was playing today and was aquitted, would you then say he shouldn't be in the game. Say for instance he was playing for the Buffalo Bills today. I guarantee there would be people who complain that how can they not put him in the game, like when everyone complains why isn't Bonds in their favorite baseball game.

What "alleged" (yeah I know he did it, he was aquitted) actions or crimes should cause a person to be banned from existance?

There are several people who get away with hanous crimes in the past, however O.J. seems to brew this firestorm which I have to agree with jmood if he had allegedly killed his first battered wife who was black and got aquitted there would definitely not be this multitude of moral convictions we see here over a game.

Jim Brown beats his women up (not kill them) and allegedly threw one off his balcony. Now if you feel this way about O.J. then I would think you would stand just as vehimately behind not having him in the game as well.

Or how about if Dany Heatly had killed more than just his teamate in that car accident, say an innocent bystandard got hit by his car as well and he was aquitted of all charges, would you vehemently deny him being in the game as well.

O.J. existed, yeah he is a bad guy, however under the circumstances of looking at just pure football, the guy did deserve to go to the hall and does deserve to be in the game no matter how unscrupulous the decision to include him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #82
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't know. I honestly don't care about what people say about the game since I'm enjoying it but it's funny that the guy's who usually complain about the "fanboys" are the one's who purposely try to get people riled up.
Very good point

When you roll into the forum saying stuff like "I hate this game" what do you expect? I stopped playing the NCAA series after last year (after hating the game) but I didn't really feel the need to roll into the NCAA forum last year and constantly proclaim how much I hated the game.

To each their own

More on topic, I hope this guy ripped Madden for using Ray Lewis to be consistent

Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Now if you feel this way about O.J. then I would think you would stand just as vehimately behind not having him in the game as well.
Truth is, I was really directing my questioning at TT and 2K. You have here a company that's engaged in several video game development controversies. Then along comes this article (and others), questioning all that - and rightly so, IMO.

Guess I'm a believer in what goes around, comes around, which is why I find the points that are made in the article entirely justified.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 11

EY DONt TALK aBOUT RAY!!!!! WHAT TIME IS IT??? ARE MY DAWGS IN THE HOUSE?!?!?!

Great post Catch22.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Very good point

When you roll into the forum saying stuff like "I hate this game" what do you expect? I stopped playing the NCAA series after last year (after hating the game) but I didn't really feel the need to roll into the NCAA forum last year and constantly proclaim how much I hated the game.
Honestly, I think it's often the people who defend the game who cause the trouble. I've many times seen someone list off legitimate grievances with a game, only to be barraged with negative comments or posts about how the initial poster "just doesn't understand [fill in your sport here]." Then the thread turns negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #86
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Again with Ray Lewis. This is why real life issues shouldn't be discussed in a football video game forum. OJ was accused of double murder. Ray Lewis was accused of obstructing justice. OJ was taped fleeing the police contemplating suicide. Ray Lewis was targeted by the police b/c they thought he'd roll on his friend... who was coming to his defense.

The only problem I have with OJ being in the game is that it makes it very difficult to take some of these threads. Race played a HUGE roll in the feeling behind that trial with riots happening all over the place b/c of the decision, yet race isn't allowed to be discussed openly in the forums. I personally don't think OJ was innocent but I also can't ignore the racial divide that occured 12 years ago if his case is going to be discussed.

I really hope you guys cut off these damn OJ conversations. My guess is DonDadda wouldn't have even made this thread if he thought this was what would come of it.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I really hope you guys cut off these damn OJ conversations.
Forget OJ-stop hating on a class guy like Ray Lewis. because your imaginations have him committing some crime beyond obstruction of justice. Ray has been good for the game, hasn't killed any dogs, speaks respectful of his teammates and opponents, hasn't spent his life in a strip bar (although I can see the temptation), doesn't flip the bird to his fans, and is just a good all around guy.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #88
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

I think we are done here as now we are talking about who is worse and not the "review".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »