Home

Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5)

This is a discussion on Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

Some of his comments are right on. I think 2K needs to retool their face capture method. The faces on the legends (Jerry Rice excluded) mildly resemble them at best, look a little strange most of the time, and at worst are just grotesque charicatures of the original. Just watch America's Game on the 92 Cowboys then look at Ken Norton's face in the game. He looks like the Clay guy from Batman the Animated series. Their faces just look cartoony and unrealistic, like NBA Jam when it came out for PS2, and the same complaint holds true for NBA 2K7.

His gameplay complaints were mostly centered around the momentum system which admittedly takes some getting used to and could use a little toning down. In real life if you ran full speed up to the line of scrimmage you wouldn't be able to stop on a dime spin around and run 10 yards back. However people are used to doing exactly this sort of thing in football video games so the shift towards realistic inertia is a bit disconcerting at first. I think the game is a solid 8 out of 10 or at worst a 7.5.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #18
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
he is obligated to pay any money he has to family of the Goldman's and to the accounts of his poor kids.
He lives in Florida on purpose because Florida state laws only force him to give a fraction of the money to the Goldmans. They are not allowed to garner certain things that would be garnered in other states. Florida is very light on taxation (we have no income taxes). OJ lives more comfortably than most of us. He just golfs and sits around the house writing books about how he "would have done it if he had done it".

Ultimately the reaction to him has been not much at all. I have only played a handful of people who have him on their team, and it is generally because he fits their running style (and because he has Speed Burner) and not because he is OJ. I haven't seen anyone put him on the assassins or anything like that. You have to love it when someone creates a problem (MTV-Gametrailers.com) supposedly to call our attention to the potential for a problem, when if they had not created it, there would have been no issue in the first place.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #19
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Do you really think 2k paid 250k per top player and 50k for the scrubiest of the scrubs? damn thats too much money when you factor in 240 + players.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #20
Tebow is Chuck Norris

While I do TOTALLY agree with the OJ Simpson analysis and it was a horrible horrible move by 2k sports to include him in the game. The game itself is imo at least a 3 or 3.5 out of 5, and that review wasn't really fair to the actual game but did put it in perspective the marketing analysis of 2k.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #21
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

From a marketing standpoint..doesn't anyone think that 2K put OJ in the game to purposefully get more free publicity?

good or bad pub is pub

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 08-03-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #22
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
people are entitled to their opinion( as far off as this guy is) this is a great game and because oj simpson is in the game, that doesnt make it any different. i want to know why after 12 years or more i believe people keep talking about this case( because thats what he was hinting at). oj simpson was a GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER PERIOD!!!!!!!
The reason that OJ Simpson is still a HUGE topic is that he is known more now for his murder trial than his actual football accomplishments. It's as simple as that. And the fact that the murder case also turned into a heated race issue is just bad PR on 2ks part. However I do agree that having him in the game shouldn't make the game be reviewed any lower but it should be pointed out that it is very very bad taste. Joking about stuff like in GTA and Sopranos is fictitious, but having actual murderers honored and paid to be in a game is horrible.

It doesn't matter how many years pass by he shouldn't be in 2K20, just as games should never have Hitler as a hero in a FPS. But the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see that eventually.....
Old 08-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #23
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
The worst review? Maybe the most socially-pointed Regardless, I agreed with most of what was written. And the reviewer did in fact point out the game’s several major weak areas: graphics, ice-skate player movement, computer-generated teammates, player faces not even remotely accurate; and that the game in general needs far more polish.

I also completely agree with the remark about the cynicism around the OJ/GTA/Manhunt thing, and with this statement: “If nothing else, that exemplifies how ugly the ramifications are of any association with Simpson.”

The overall score is too low, but the review itself is spot-on in many ways.
Why are you even in the APF forums in the first place? You have made no secret of your total disdain for the game. Is it just to antagonize people? You're wasting precious seconds of your life over a game that you don't like, when you can be having fun over in the Madden forums.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan

It doesn't matter how many years pass by he shouldn't be in 2K20, just as games should never have Hitler as a hero in a FPS. But the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see that eventually.....

The guys review(OF THE GAME!) is off-base IMO, because I believe he unfairly penalizies it in the score because of OJ.
That being said....there is no way that S.O.B. should be included in anything. He should be shunned. He got lucky in getting away with murder.....he should crawl in a hole and just live out his miserable existance.
I know, I know he was never convicted...blah...blah...blah....

But as quoted here by MM.....the Clash said it best in song..................."If Adolf Hitler......were here today......they'd send a limosuine, anyway"....

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »