Home

THIS is unstoppable (4/5 WR sets)

This is a discussion on THIS is unstoppable (4/5 WR sets) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: THIS is unstoppable (4/5 WR sets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Good thread. Another tip is if he keeps calling bunch like that, get a gold corner and isolate the wr on the left. Let him go 1 on 1 , and blanket coverage on the right.

Not to derail the thread, but dooes anyone have success stopping jokers?
Jokers stretch, outside plays kill me. 4-3 zone works at times, maybe try a 4-4?
The biggest problem is when everybody gets blocked. I'll get stops in the backfield, but when everybody gets blocked = death. Idiot corner never plays contain.
You dont even need a gold corner, but you may need a team with at least 3 legend CB's though.

To the other guy above him. Yes, you have to try to blitz once in a while, and i do, but if your just coming on all out blitz's all the time, your going to get burned, best bet is to just let him stay in front of you and hope his qb makes a mistake.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Or go Nickle , adjust your coverage accordingly, and throw in an occasional blitz with a LB with a Pass Rush Bonus.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #59
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Good thread. Another tip is if he keeps calling bunch like that, get a gold corner and isolate the wr on the left. Let him go 1 on 1 , and blanket coverage on the right.

Not to derail the thread, but dooes anyone have success stopping jokers?
Jokers stretch, outside plays kill me. 4-3 zone works at times, maybe try a 4-4?
The biggest problem is when everybody gets blocked. I'll get stops in the backfield, but when everybody gets blocked = death. Idiot corner never plays contain.
Jokers is my favorite formation in this game..weak I and Strong I..your guaranteed a 15-20 yard run if your blocking gets out in front and your center pulls and does his job
Old 08-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #60
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He's basically running a flood route, which is designed to kill zone coverage. If he's going to spread the defense like that, I would play press man coverage and bring pressure. Imo, IRL and in this game, the best way to beat a spread offense is to play pressure defense.
100% agreed. I just finished an online game with a guy who had Maynard, Taylor, Reed, and Ditka. He spread me out like nobody's business.

I beat him 28-21.

He threw 2 picks. I threw 1

I ran the same defense the entire game. Never changed it, not once. I can't tell you what it is exactly but it involved HEAVY pressure and single coverage the entire game.

There were 2-3 plays where he beat me good but I did not budge on the pressure. He was very nervous in the 2nd half as almost everything he put up was off the back foot.

The manual clearly states: "...keep in mind that that your QB will throw a much better pass if he has a chance to set his feet".

There are certainly many ways to bring pressure. Most have been mentioned. But, my personal opinion is that pressure is the only way.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yea some people are real good at this strategy but most are just relying on the legends alone to make them look good. I use this strategy and like the "take what the defense gives approach". Once I see your safety slack,expect the deep ball to Harper.

What I have learned:
The copycats-
Watch the tendancies and take it away. Make him change up his game and risk big just to find out what type of player he really is. Double team the routes that are killing you and let a few go.

The good ones-
Bend don't break(like said). Make sure they don't see the same defenses. Don't be afraid to blitz. If they are throwing short passes blitz with bump and run. If they are throwing medium to deep passes,blitz with your corners backed up a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been running a 4 wr offense for a while now. I don't cheese though. I run a bunch or different packages and routes so that no one can claim I am a one trick pony.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:18 AM   #63
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
I have played someone like this and it is pretty much unstoppable. No matter what you do, plain and simple you cannot match up against 4 legend WRs and there is no way to draft a team to match up unless you draft 2 CBs, a SS, and 3 FS. Even if you draft more than 2 CBs this would not do any good because your nickle and dime backs are programmed to be your FSs and YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT. That means the best matchup you can hope for is 2 legend CBs on his 2 best WRs and 2 FSs on his #3 and #4 WRs. This is still a pretty big mismatch. That is why I said there is little you can do to stop this. I mentioned it at the 2K page because I played a guy like this too and everyone was like No No No, that's not cheese.

Well it is easy to say you should do this or that on D, but just wait until you play someone with Marino, Rice, a Silver and 2 Bronze WRs who comes out in Shotgun Quads and throws it every play. Rice is already WAY too pumped up in this game as it is. But the other 3 will make it impossible. NOTHING will work short of (inside) D-line Glitching.

I tell you what, let's have no one else respond to this thread telling us how to beat people like this except for people who have actually stopped this on D. I am serious. If you have never played anyone like this, mull over your ideas, but I want to hear from someone who beat a player like this and didn't (inside) D-line glitch. The next person who tells me they have actually beaten someone with 4 legend WRs will be the first one.

I am waiting...

And BTW, blitzing does nothing except take people out of coverage and make what is an easy task for your opponent even easier. I brought blitzes of every number from blitzing 7 and 8 to just 3, mixed up coverages, used double trouble (doubles every WR), used coverage shells to try to disguise, zone blitzes, everything. As he said, out routes are a menace because if you go Cover 2 Hard he will throw a quick corner, Cover 2 Soft and he will throw a post, man and he runs crossing routes, if you blitz he throws quicks slants or corners, if you drop 8 in coverage he runs around until one of his WRs comes open. They limited the number of other positions you could choose in the game and I think they should have limited the number of WRs to 3.
I know in 2k5 performance EQ helped the scrub players play smarter.. play him with Performance EQ on.. if you threw too many out passes the D would catch on and Pick it
Old 08-05-2007, 03:31 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
Had a guy just do this to me 2 games in a row...

He has Elway at QB, Andre Reed, both Moore's, and some other legend WR.

He comes out in 4 WR sets usually. He'll put trips to one side. You have to go at least Nickel, usually Dime to have any chance to defend this.

So he automatically knows if you are playing zone/man (unless there is a way to get your secondary to line up like they are playing man in a zone, anyone??).

If you are in a zone, he hot routes one of the three receivers to an out route (which is always there, even if its only 5 yards). If you are in Man he runs all types of crossing, In, and slant routes which generic DBs and LBs just cannot keep up with. He made some mistakes and I had a couple of interceptions over the 2 games and held him to some field goals, but when is makes the right read its a catch everytime.

I even tried playing the 2 Corners play, where the outside most DBs play man and everyone else is in zone, but the he just runs an out where the zones don't cover. Tried Cover 4, Cover 2, Man 2, Bump coverage, etc. Nothing could stop EVERY 5-10 yard route. At least one receiver always has enough separation to make a catch. I didn't try a ton of blitzing because he was already running short routes and they didn't phase him when I did. I held him to 21 points or so both games but I only got a couple of stops on him, his offense is just very methodical, takes his time, hot routes every play basically, and finds the open man. Elway's arm is too strong to close in on the ball most of the time.

I only have a Gold CB and siver SS on my team. If anyone has any idea how to stop this, please tell me. I've come to the conclusion it is unstoppable with my secondary. I do have a Gold and Bronze LB, but they don't cover well enough to keep up with legend receivers. Manley and Perry on the DLine.
3-2 DIME with a gold db and a stacked d line with a 3 cover.

Oh sorry... repost... but I agree... I had the same kind of play and I shut it down... 3-2 is one of the best d;s in the game.

Now if they screen to a gold rb, you are screwed....

Last edited by MarkyMac; 08-05-2007 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »