Home

Rate the team the person posted above you

This is a discussion on Rate the team the person posted above you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Rate the team the person posted above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I'll play along....

That RB tandom looks hard to stop....nice set of WRs...I've gotten pretty good at kicking, so having a legend K isn't really important to me. It seems your D-line is pretty weak, so i don't really have to worry about QB pressure. Running to the sides shouldn't be that hard as long as I can account for Jesse Tuggle and Woodson. Not a bad team tho (we have a similar offense): 7.5 (mainly because of your RB tandom):

Gold
-Rod Woodson (CB)
-Barry Sanders (RB)

Silver
-Randall Cunningham (QB)
-Andre Reed (WR)
-Jack Tatum (FS)

Bronze
-Clyde Simmons (DE)
-William Perry (DT)
-Charlie Waters (SS)
-Cliff Branch (WR)
-Eric Green (TE)
-Tony Boselli (LT)

This is the team I use in my season mode....I may tweak it alittle after my season is over....I am still having trouble running with Barry and might trade him out for a gold QB (Young maybe?). Tatum is ok, but i think I may cut him also (he makes a few big hits but doesn't really impact the game enough for me)...I may go with another WR (eigher Herman Moore of Jefferson) and pick up a bronze CB or FS.
Strengths:
Solid running game with Sanders
Solid defensive secondary
Capabile passing game with Cunningham

Weaknesses:
Recieving corps kind of thin after Reed
No all pro LB's

Rating: 7.0

Here is my team
Gold
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Silver
Roger Criag
Andre Reed
Brent Jones
Bronze
Otis Wilson
Cylde Simmons
Pepper Johnson
Carl Banks
Terry McDaniel
Eugene Robinson

Got the number one passing attack in my league. Defense isn't shabby either rated at 8th. My running game is up and down with Craig. I picked a balance O-Line, which probably is the problem with my running. I felt that I should have picked a running O-line BUT I didn't want Montana to get killed.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Strengths:

Weaknesses:
No all pro LB's

Here is my team
Gold
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Silver
Roger Criag
Andre Reed
Brent Jones
Bronze
Otis Wilson
Cylde Simmons
Pepper Johnson
Carl Banks
Terry McDaniel
Eugene Robinson

Got the number one passing attack in my league. Defense isn't shabby either rated at 8th. My running game is up and down with Craig. I picked a balance O-Line, which probably is the problem with my running. I felt that I should have picked a running O-line BUT I didn't want Montana to get killed.

Montana i think is mobile enough to avoid any pressure...plus I see you have a great WR corps, + Brent Jones, so he shouldn't have any problems finding an open receiver. I probably would have went with a Run blocking O-line with this reasoning.

As for the score you gave me, i thought it was fair (i would rate it alittle higher tho , maybe a 7.5). I have a bend but don't break defensive philosophy...so thats why i don't have any LBs....instead I have run stoppers at the saftey positions with Waters and Tatum. I can usually depend on Rod to hold down the opposing team's #1 WR...but if they have a good # 2 or even worse 3 legend WRs, I'm toast and would have to rely heavily on Simmons and 'Fridge' to apply the QB pressure.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Strengths:

Weaknesses:
No all pro LB's

Here is my team
Gold
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Silver
Roger Criag
Andre Reed
Brent Jones
Bronze
Otis Wilson
Cylde Simmons
Pepper Johnson
Carl Banks
Terry McDaniel
Eugene Robinson

7.5. I think your defense could be picked apart pretty easily with the right guys, but your offense is very good.

This is off memory...

Gold
OLB Derrick Thomas
FS Ronnie Lott

Silver
QB Randall Cunningham
ILB Harry Carson
CB Lem Barney

Bronze
WR Rob Moore
RB Christian Okoye
DE Clyde Simmons
OLB Carl Banks
K Al Del Greco
DT William Perry

I run a 3-4 defense, and can get a ton of pressure on the QB. The secondary then picks off everything. In my first two games Ronnie Lott had 3 INT. Run defense can be a little suspect for me, mainly the big runs because I blitz a lot (as I should with a 3-4) and usually if they get a good block they can get downfield.

My offense has done very well, scoring 26+ points in those two games. Obviously I decided to focus on D, and I didn't want to invest in OLine because Okoye can run through them without blocking and Cunningham is fast enough to get away from pressure. I picked Moore because I can be pretty accurate with Cunningham and prefer possession guys, but love the rocket arm ability. I love having legend kickers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

chestnutz6: Looks like a good balance team. I would rate it an 8. Now that I can kick better with a generic, I would probably drop the legend kicker and pick up another WR. The rocket is a steal at a bronze and is a great kick returner to boot.
Gold:
Steve Young (QB)
Derrick Thomas (OLB)

Silver:
Jack Tatum (FS)
Jerome Brown (DT)
Herman Moore (WR)

Bronze:
Tony Boseli (T)
Dexter Manley (DE)
Rocket Ismail (WR)
Mark Carrier (WR)
Ken Norton Jr (ILB)
Terry McDaniel (CB)
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #13
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
chestnutz6: Looks like a good balance team. I would rate it an 8. Now that I can kick better with a generic, I would probably drop the legend kicker and pick up another WR. The rocket is a steal at a bronze and is a great kick returner to boot.
Gold:
Steve Young (QB)
Derrick Thomas (OLB)

Silver:
Jack Tatum (FS)
Jerome Brown (DT)
Herman Moore (WR)

Bronze:
Tony Boseli (T)
Dexter Manley (DE)
Rocket Ismail (WR)
Mark Carrier (WR)
Ken Norton Jr (ILB)
Terry McDaniel (CB)
I like your team, I wouldn't choose that configuration myself, but I like it for what it does. You have a fairly balanced defense that is somewhat vulnerable to the pass (I would try to run TE crosses and WR outs for 5-15 yards on you often, maybe deep away from Tatum also). Against the running game, you seem to be fairly solid, with two good LBs, a DL, and some help with Tatum.

On offense, it's obvious, you are all about passing, and you will do it well. You should have at least 1 WR/TE open on every play and you have a good QB. Your running game sucks, but I'm sure you know that, and Young will be your biggest running weapon.

Overall, I would give it an A-, it's very effective for what you are trying to do, but could be (somewhat) neutralized by a solid pass rush and a good secondary.

--------

I'm still tinkering but here's a team I've enjoyed so far:

Shannon Sharpe (TE)
Gale Sayers (RB)

Jessie Tuggle (ILB)
Greg Lloyd (OLB)
Lester Hayes (CB)

Bernie Kosar (QB)
Rob Moore (WR)
Ricky Sanders (WR) -- (Actually any bronze WR, I've been experimenting)
Eugene Robinson (FS)
Charlie Waters (SS)
Terry McDaniel (CB)

My D-Line and LB generics are both Run-stuffing, and my secondary generics are coverage-slanted. My O-line is balanced, and my generic receivers are possession.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Gold:
Steve Young (QB)
Derrick Thomas (OLB)

Silver:
Jack Tatum (FS)
Jerome Brown (DT)
Herman Moore (WR)

Bronze:
Tony Boseli (T)
Dexter Manley (DE)
Rocket Ismail (WR)
Mark Carrier (WR)
Ken Norton Jr (ILB)
Terry McDaniel (CB)
FLYINGFINN you have a good mixture of offense and defense. Good QB, no RB (do you have trouble running the ball?), WR (Good mix of Silver/Bronze), and defense looks sharp.
I would rate your squad 8.5 out 10. Personally I think you could use another tackle, but Young is great on the move. Nice squad.

ARLINGTON(VA) WARRIORS (Notre Dame Uni's)

Gold: John Elway QB and O.J Simpson RB
Silver: Don Maynard WR, Mike Munchak T, Steve Steve Wisniewski G
Bronze:
Wesley Walker WR
Jerome Brown DT
Leon Lett DT
Chris Spielman ILB
Brad Van Pelt OLB
Terry Mcdaniel CB
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

8 - I like the 3 receivers Finn, I however have no wide receivers at all, since you can move players around threw substitution. I choosed to use Dave Meggett (soft hands) as a receiver in 2 back formations when I have my fullback and Otis Anderson in.

GOLD
Roosevelt Brown (T)
Lawrence Taylor (OLB) - Created

SILVER
Harry Carson (ILB)
Otis Anderson (HB)
Lem Barney (CB)

BRONZE
Jeff Hostetler (QB)
Dave Meggett (HB)
Erik Howard (DT) - Created
Leonard Marshall (DE)
Carl Banks (OLB)
Pepper Johnson (ILB)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #16
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
8 - I like the 3 receivers Finn, I however have no wide receivers at all, since you can move players around threw substitution. I choosed to use Dave Meggett (soft hands) as a receiver in 2 back formations when I have my fullback and Otis Anderson in.

GOLD
Roosevelt Brown (T)
Lawrence Taylor (OLB) - Created

SILVER
Harry Carson (ILB)
Otis Anderson (HB)
Lem Barney (CB)

BRONZE
Jeff Hostetler (QB)
Dave Meggett (HB)
Erik Howard (DT) - Created
Leonard Marshall (DE)
Carl Banks (OLB)
Pepper Johnson (ILB)
Well stopping the run should definitely be no problem for you, and you could have a very effective blitz out of the 3-4 also. You're almost a high-risk/high-reward defense with a grind it out offense, as you probably won't get more than 5-10 yard chunks with generic receivers and Anderson, but it could be effective.

For what you are going for, I think the team is alright, I love the 4 LBs, that will be wicked. However, a quick pocket passer with a decent TE or 2nd wide receiver could pick apart your D all day. Overall I like it, but give it a B-.

I have to say, you almost make me wanna try the 4 LB look, it could be a blast running a 3-4.

------
Copied from my above post (my team, since I think it got lost in the shuffle).

Quote:
I'm still tinkering but here's a team I've enjoyed so far:

Shannon Sharpe (TE)
Gale Sayers (RB)

Jessie Tuggle (ILB)
Greg Lloyd (OLB)
Lester Hayes (CB)

Bernie Kosar (QB)
Rob Moore (WR)
Ricky Sanders (WR) -- (Actually any bronze WR, I've been experimenting)
Eugene Robinson (FS)
Charlie Waters (SS)
Terry McDaniel (CB)

My D-Line and LB generics are both Run-stuffing, and my secondary generics are coverage-slanted. My O-line is balanced, and my generic receivers are possession.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »