Home

DOES BARRY SANDERS PLAY LIKE BARRY??

This is a discussion on DOES BARRY SANDERS PLAY LIKE BARRY?? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: DOES BARRY SANDERS PLAY LIKE BARRY??

Dante Hall Highlights

Pay close attention to not only what Dante Hall does, but also what his blockers do. They set up situations where they will not commit penalties by clipping anyone and that creates opportunities for Dante to make it through. It's is a superb team effort on all counts. Would that Barry Sanders had EVER had an offensive line that blocked like this Special Teams unit.

I will attempt to upload video of my Lem Barney running back a Kick Return and also a Punt Return. I've found that my team does best when using the Kick Return Right formation. After Lem grabs the ball, everyone on my team runs toward our right sideline. I run down the hash marks until I see everyone on my team engage and block Defenders. Then just as I see someone on Defense fall or get pancaked, I make my move, swinging full on for the right sideline. Usually I can get at least to the 40-45 yard line. Sometimes I can break it all the way to the house.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: DOES BARRY SANDERS PLAY LIKE BARRY??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I had the same success (and posted about it) but as far as I can tell, practice is set to pro and can't be changed. When I tried it in games it wasn't nearly as successful. The way you have to run is spot on (and has been that way forever in 2k games) but it's success at making barry more barry-like takes a big hit.

check my other post... i'm more with you. it can be done though b/c i can see it in practice. i'm still chalking it up to user error right now but it's not as clear cut as i was hoping.
So practice mode is set to PRO? Wow, that explains a lot!!! I was getting so good at so many plays in practice mode and wondering why it didn't translate as well to online play as I'd thought. Practice definitely has improved my game, but I was wondering why some things were so easy on the practice field and so hard on the game field.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin

Dante Hall Highlights

Pay close attention to not only what Dante Hall does, but also what his blockers do. They set up situations where they will not commit penalties by clipping anyone and that creates opportunities for Dante to make it through. It's is a superb team effort on all counts. Would that Barry Sanders had EVER had an offensive line that blocked like this Special Teams unit.

I will attempt to upload video of my Lem Barney running back a Kick Return and also a Punt Return. I've found that my team does best when using the Kick Return Right formation. After Lem grabs the ball, everyone on my team runs toward our right sideline. I run down the hash marks until I see everyone on my team engage and block Defenders. Then just as I see someone on Defense fall or get pancaked, I make my move, swinging full on for the right sideline. Usually I can get at least to the 40-45 yard line. Sometimes I can break it all the way to the house.

Red Ronin
Thanks, RR. This is the key. I've just started tyring it on kick returns and finally took my first one to the house. I haven't tried yet on punt returns, but I will, and if I score, I'll try to find a "salute to Ronin" in the custom celebrations!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #52
Rookie

OK, It seems this is working at GoogleVideo... I couldn't get it to upload to YouTube at all... I put it on Veoh, but that site changes the aspect ratio of the video to its native format, instead of the intended 16:9... So you get this blurry mess instead. Garbage in, garbage out though... The source is composite video, I don't have the means to do high definition video capture just yet. That said...

Lem Barney, #20, Cornerback, Silver Star LEGEND. Here he takes a punt return to the house. I especially like the hurdle over a player on the opposing team who was eating grass. This was before I got a full understanding of the uniform editor. So my attempt to make these uniforms look like the SF49ers failed miserably. Instead, they look a whole lot more like the old school Buccaneers instead.

Here is the same video again, only with different camera angles and stuff:

Enjoy!

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

Last edited by Red Ronin; 08-24-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Wow, that's nice, Ronin. Thanks for posting to show how it's done. The problem when I return it is that I never seem to have a wall of any sort, or at least if I do, I can't see it well because of the camera angle. Do you have specific styles of generics, such as run support safeties and corners on your PR team? Maybe that makes a difference. Or maybe you're just better at it than me
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So practice mode is set to PRO? Wow, that explains a lot!!! I was getting so good at so many plays in practice mode and wondering why it didn't translate as well to online play as I'd thought. Practice definitely has improved my game, but I was wondering why some things were so easy on the practice field and so hard on the game field.
Practice is set to whatever you set it at, but when you start a season or other game, it resets the settings.

And on the punt return, how do you get the ball without defenders right around you? What are your kicking related sliders at? Using Ismail, I've returned 7 kicks for touchdowns, but I'm averaging roughly 3 yards per punt return.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #55
Rookie

Lem Barney, #20, Cornerback, Silver Star LEGEND. Here he takes a kickoff return to paydirt in grand style. I'm generally not a fan of juke buttons, but I sure as hell was happy when the spin move happened exactly as was needed. The sideways shimmy that took place shortly after helped too. This was done once I finally perfected my own version of the San Francisco 49ers uniform, so I am especially happy to showcase it. The team is my Los Angeles Wings though, for the record...

OK, this time Lem Barney is playing with my team that pays homage to the XFL's San Francisco Demons - they are the Black Death. Yet again Lem takes it down the right sideline, but this time it is the computer doing the running in an Exhibition game. His blockers make short work of some Knights early on, but there are some pursuers that must be fended off by Lem himself. It appears that Lem has a rock hard shoulder and an equally impressive head bone.

Red Ronin

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 03:34 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 2

I havent read through this thread at all, and I see it got off topic a little, but I wanted to respond to the question in the title.

I tried using Sanders in practice mode today and after some practice I was doing some CRAZY stuff with him. I had by brother laughing so hard he almost puked. I had one weak toss where I power juked to the inside at the precise moment 3 defenders dove at me. As soon as the juke animation finished I slammed on the "stop" control. The first 2 defenders came from the sides and they both completely whiffed from the juke as the 3rd was coming across the front of my body. But when I stopped he just bear hugged air and whiffed as well. All 3 of their bodies hit the ground at nearly the same time and I took it to the house. I replayed it about 75 times and showed everyone I could find. I was doing a lot of manual juking on the first step, and then using the charged up juke trigger to juke the opposite direction. It was absolutely comical how bad some of those defenders whiffed. Some of them just collapsed like their ankles popped or something. I wont use Barry because I have my team setup just the way I like it now, but man... he sure is a hell of a lot of fun to use. If you use him right, he runs EXACTLY the way he did in real life. This game gets better and better every day I play it.

Keep making football games 2k. Ill be the first in line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »