Home

Biggest reason why this game is arcadey

This is a discussion on Biggest reason why this game is arcadey within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Biggest reason why this game is arcadey

play against this type of player + jerry rice online.
dont forget earl! QB is way too accurate and strong running backwards in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Biggest reason why this game is arcadey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly

dont forget earl! QB is way too accurate and strong running backwards in this game.
only certain QBs can make this throw...I think thats Randall C there right? HE is rocket arm and scrambler, so yeah he can make that throw, but try it with Bart Starr or some other good QB who doesnt have the Rocket/ Scrambler combo, and he is gonna make a horrible throw
Old 09-07-2007, 03:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

no qb in the world can make that throw
i cant believe youre actually defending that video
Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Certainly, there are ways to exploit parts of APF 2K8. I can tell you that anyone trying that play on me would be throwing into double coverage though.

Cunningham, like most scrambling QBs, is hard to stop at times, while covering the other Gold or Silver guys on offense. If a guy is cheesing like that all game, then leave negative feedback and put them on your avoid list.

You can avoid most of the cheesers by checking their rating. Just from the legends they have selected, you can get an idea of how the game will go.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

I saw a play with the Eagles vs the Bills. Bruce Smith had Randall and went for a kill from the Bilnd side and Randall with eyes in the back of his helmet duck under the sack rolled out and threw the ball 50 + yards for a completion. That was "arcadey" too.

Randall could be the most exciting and athletic player to play qb. He made those type of plays.
I am not talking about youtube highlights, I am talking about tons of games watching Randall.

You example is kind of weak. You are in practice mode and your not playing against any defense.

Like I said before this game got Earl right. Earl was a once in a lifetime back. Guess, folks are lucky they didn't get Bo or H. Walker. The size/power/ratio of those backs were amazing.

Peace

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
no qb in the world can make that throw
i cant believe youre actually defending that video
Elway, Farve, Jeff George, Randall, etc.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I saw a play with the Eagles vs the Bills. Bruce Smith had Randall and went for a kill from the Bilnd side and Randall with eyes in the back of his helmet duck under the sack rolled out and threw the ball 50 + yards for a completion. That was "arcadey" too.
I once saw a play where Reggie White was about to blindside him, missed, pulled out a .50 caliber desert eagle, and shot him in the face 4 times. But good ol Randal just kept rolling out being the great athlete he was, and he threw 120 yards backwards over his left shoulder with 1 hand in a perfect spiral, dead on the money for an easy TD. Then I decided to answer every post on message boards that question the realism of my favorite games with condescending smart *** remarks and use made up plays that I "saw once" to back them up.

The End.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:57 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue58
I once saw a play where Reggie White was about to blindside him, missed, pulled out a .50 caliber desert eagle, and shot him in the face 4 times. But good ol Randal just kept rolling out being the great athlete he was, and he threw 120 yards backwards over his left shoulder with 1 hand in a perfect spiral, dead on the money for an easy TD. Then I decided to answer every post on message boards that question the realism of my favorite games with condescending smart *** remarks and use made up plays that I "saw once" to back them up.

The End.
Oh, but that play was real. Randall "The Ultimate Weapon"" made plays most people never seen before. A video game has never been "real" but try for realism. I am old enough to actually watch these players play and not just from highlights. Randall had a very strong arm just a funny release. Almost like a wind mill style. Sorry if I offended you.

By the way how old are you. You know Reggie and Randall was team mates for larger part of their careers. LOL

Peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »