Home

Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5?

This is a discussion on Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5?

I had this guy so frustrated online with my generic defensive back field that he quit mid way through the 3rd quarter. I had pick Cunningham off for the third time. And Rice had like no catches it was soooo nice. I wasnt even mad he quit cause I was thinking to myself he probably pissed he cant score on a secondary with a bronze created Strong safety (Dave Waymer USC pro bowl safety for the Saints in the 90s.) as its best player. I learned to let the players get to the point of interaction then I take over.

Then I played with my 90's Eagles team and I have generic RB but the passing game with that team is so nice and on defense the D Line is just crazy. I also created Seth Joyner at MLB and Eric Allen as a bronze DB. The game allows for a unique feeling everytime you play I havent felt that with a football game ever even when playing 2k5.

I rarely ever have my players in a bad position cause I play call to leave very little holes. I dont let offense dictate my defense I live and die with a set gameplan so my players are almost never out of position, and when it comes time to make a play on the ball I just press the button to either to swat the ball or charge up for a hit but I dont prusuit the ball while its in the air.

Last edited by BigTigLSU; 09-14-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
^^^What level are you playing on?
Custom. Went through All-Pro, moved up to Legend, and now I'm looking for a challenge from the CPU. Exactly what happened in 2k5. Once I got used to how the game played - it was just far too easy - especially because of poor defensive AI.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Custom. Went through All-Pro, moved up to Legend, and now I'm looking for a challenge from the CPU. Exactly what happened in 2k5. Once I got used to how the game played - it was just far too easy - especially because of poor defensive AI.
You don't play online? Most people that really love this game, play it online
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
I don't get the poor defensive AI, personally. There are some things that have been discussed in other threads that I'd like to see tweaked, but overall I think the defense is pretty good in the game. I haven't run across anyone that has exploits they've abused but also need to note that I'm selective about who I play. I only play people w/80-85%+ approval rating. But I've also had enjoyable games against the cpu w/slight slider tweaks. Only thing I've tweaked dramatically are the fumble (85) and interception (65) sliders

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #13
Banned

Yeah - I don't really play online. The games I've tried have both been disappointing.

I had something in another post I don't want to have to search - but with the defense, once you learn how it plays, you can steamroll the AI, it's a big problem. I don't want to have to force myself to picking 3 plays out of the playbook because I know they're not money. I want to see games where I really have to wear down a defender, or set him up all game for one big play that I hope works. As it is now, so many of the plays are pretty much gimmes...

I just want to see some solid defense where an out-route doesn't equal 9 catches out of 10 because the defender AI wasn't designed to properly cover it...
Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #14
MVP

I dont see much wrong with the DB AI. They do exactly what I expect them to do 95% of the time for the coverage I call. What varies it is the talent level of the players at each position.

There is nothing so far online or against the cpu that the defense cannot handle. There is a play to stop everything and you can make adjustments to fine tune it all. This is the most balanced football game I have ever played.

The more I play it the more I love it.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #15
Banned

I just must be too picky. I want things to be perfect, and they never are. Even the little flaws tend to turn me off - like NHL 08, loved it until I realized the AI automatically turns around for you when it thinks you should skate backwards - kills the game for me, can't enjoy it anymore... Kind of sucks that these things bother me so much. I suppose I just expect a perfect simulation - which will never happen.

I'm not happy running 200+ yards every game - and completing out-routes and cutbacks almost every single time I try them... While I guess they make for high-scoring games, I'd prefer to get shut down more often and actually have a 10-7 defensive struggle. Instead I get 40-50 point games constantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Yeah - I don't really play online. The games I've tried have both been disappointing.

I had something in another post I don't want to have to search - but with the defense, once you learn how it plays, you can steamroll the AI, it's a big problem. I don't want to have to force myself to picking 3 plays out of the playbook because I know they're not money. I want to see games where I really have to wear down a defender, or set him up all game for one big play that I hope works. As it is now, so many of the plays are pretty much gimmes...

I just want to see some solid defense where an out-route doesn't equal 9 catches out of 10 because the defender AI wasn't designed to properly cover it...
In what way have the games been disappointing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »