Home

Three tight end offense?

This is a discussion on Three tight end offense? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Three tight end offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
even though its not, someone will cry cheese if you use it online
There bound to be someone who would cry cheese over this, just as someone would cry cheese if you use an all-legend D-line. It's 11 legends lined up against another 11 legends. You can't get any more fair than this.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for all the input. Very good suggestion about getting a quick HB ... I'm really partial to Chris Warren, he just suits the way I run (follow blocks, seldom juke or slam speed burst, use shoulder charges and stiff arms to pick up extra yards, go for solid gains instead of home runs), but maybe I'll try Billy Sims or Matt Snell. Snell seems to have great hands, he could be a pass catching asset.

I'm not worried about the cheese factor -- it's just something to play around with offline. I might even install a few pro set plays/formations with two of the TEs in the WR spots ... or maybe run the Trips formation, the one with three receivers bunched in a tight triangle, with three TEs.

I'm really curious as to what people think of the various TEs in the game. I'll probably go with 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze, or maybe 2 silver and one bronze if I go with a gold HB or QB. I've had good experiences with Metz, Sharpe and Coates, individually, but I'm not sure what the best combination would be. I figure at least one of the TEs has to be a fast/route-running receiver-type, just to put a little deep threat fear into the D.

Also wondering if anyone really likes any of the bronze QBs, since that's what I'll probably use. I like Kreig okay, and I've used Bartkowski a bit. Most of the others I've tried -- Brodie, Kosar, Grogan, Harbaugh -- were either too inaccurate for my tastes, or too pop-gun-armed.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I might have to try this.....Good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #12
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll go with 1 gold TE and 2 bronzes. This way you have more silvers to use for your defense and a RB. I'll use the other gold for a CB. I'll definitely go with Sharpe for the gold TE. Too big to be guarded by DB (he'll overwhelm DB while run blocking), yet too quick to be covered by safeties/LB's. He's the TE that should be used as a WR. Motion him toward the OL on running plays.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think I'll build a team like this and call them The THUNDERBiRDS.

I pretty much always choose John Brodie. At first I missed the scramble abilities of Joe Montana and Steve young, but this old Niner is OK in his own right. I just had to get used to his timing is all. You really have to get rid of the ball - IMMEDIATELY - with him. It amazes me though how often he gets sacked. It doesn't matter who is on the O-Line either.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmarvel
Thanks for all the input. Very good suggestion about getting a quick HB ... I'm really partial to Chris Warren, he just suits the way I run (follow blocks, seldom juke or slam speed burst, use shoulder charges and stiff arms to pick up extra yards, go for solid gains instead of home runs), but maybe I'll try Billy Sims or Matt Snell. Snell seems to have great hands, he could be a pass catching asset.

I'm not worried about the cheese factor -- it's just something to play around with offline. I might even install a few pro set plays/formations with two of the TEs in the WR spots ... or maybe run the Trips formation, the one with three receivers bunched in a tight triangle, with three TEs.

I'm really curious as to what people think of the various TEs in the game. I'll probably go with 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze, or maybe 2 silver and one bronze if I go with a gold HB or QB. I've had good experiences with Metz, Sharpe and Coates, individually, but I'm not sure what the best combination would be. I figure at least one of the TEs has to be a fast/route-running receiver-type, just to put a little deep threat fear into the D.

Also wondering if anyone really likes any of the bronze QBs, since that's what I'll probably use. I like Kreig okay, and I've used Bartkowski a bit. Most of the others I've tried -- Brodie, Kosar, Grogan, Harbaugh -- were either too inaccurate for my tastes, or too pop-gun-armed.
Harbaugh has been the man for me online. Almost every game his rating is over 100, and he can do a little bit of everything. The 4th quarter thing is no joke, either--he's good when the game's on the line.

As for the RB, Warren cuts back well enough. You don't have to tap buttons with this ability, you just cut against the grain with the movement stick and do it faster than most other players on the field. Warren is great, though, so he might fit with your style.

As for having a TE who can stretch the field, don't forget about Ditka. That guy is pure nasty in this game, and he can scoot. I had him on a team and he was able to run away from guys for long gains. He's not as fast as Sharpe, but he's a threat, and I don't see why you couldn't use him out wide a little bit. Plenty of teams do that, so you're not cheesing there. And generally speaking, I don't think you're cheezing in general. You've got an offensive concept, and if you're able to execute, it'll work. If you get into a shoot-out, it probably won't. That's the great thing about the game--it's your team philosophy versus your opponent's. If s/he is mature, s/he will realize that some teams are better matchups than others and take the win or loss accordingly.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

If ur lookin for a cheap but strong back get Okoye hes a true battering ram and when he hits open feild his speed good enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 AM   #16
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

i know its not "sim" but the 2 best TEs bang for the buck are Dwight Clark and Rob Moore (both bronzes and listed as WRs, but they are slow, great blockers, and great hands, so I like them at TE)...and then maybe throw an officially listed TE in there as your 3rd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »