Home

I'm LOVING this game AGAIN after LEAVIN' IT!

This is a discussion on I'm LOVING this game AGAIN after LEAVIN' IT! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: I'm LOVING this game AGAIN after LEAVIN' IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
Sorry but the nano blitzes don't make Madden realistic at all, not to mention the crazy jumps by linebackers and the sort.
It's not that the nano blitzes are not realistic it's just being able to do the same one over and over again. Nano second blitzes happen in the NFL sometimes when people blow their blocking assignments and sometimes on overloads. And I'm not even sure I would call being able to do it over and over again unrealistic after the Giants vs Eagles game. Same double A gap blitz with a linebacker twist. They ran it at least 4 times in the first half and got in every single time. Anyways, they do happen.

Last edited by LBzrule; 10-04-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #26
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's not that the nano blitzes are not realistic it's just being able to do the same one over and over again. Nano second blitzes happen in the NFL sometimes when people blow their blocking assignments and sometimes on overloads. And I'm not even sure I would call being able to do it over and over again unrealistic after the Giants vs Eagles game. Same double A gap blitz with a linebacker twist. They ran it at least 4 times in the first half and got in every single time. Anyways, they do happen.
The problem with what your asking for is that currently there is no game way to stop a madden type nano blitz in All Pro. You can say use the protections but those are so "random" as to who your lineman will block. I would like to know every assignment if possible.

I don't want them to do what Madden does and give the defense a tool and not give the offense a counter to that tool and have one year where a specific tool from the defense totally dominates the game and then you have to wait till next year for them to come with an offensive tool to balance it out only to get another offensive tool that totally dominates the defense.

Give us "smart" Lineman abilities like say you pick a center who has the "smart" or "Blitz pickup" ability and is able to give proper blocking assignments on blitzes without me doing it manually. Or give us more refined protection strategies or better yet show us who is going to block who with a diagram similar to when you hold Left Trigger to see your play when at the line that way when we can cycle through the protections and see who is going to block who and if we like it make a hot adjustment and run the play and if we don't like it call a timeout.

That way the quick snappers can't just snap it right away especially if a blitz is coming they have to cycle through their protections to see who will block who and this at least gives the defense some time to give the offense different looks.

This alone would be a great cat and mouse game between the two players with one cycling through his/her protections to cover what you think is coming while the defender is switching up looks and showing blitzes then moving guys back, that would be hot!!

Then the nano blitz would be a welcomed addition, plus add to the fact that you can signal steal, man what a cat and mouse game the pre-snap strategies would be!! Almost like Payton Manning going up against Ray Lewis and the Ravens a few years ago in a sunday night game where they were both - calling protections, showing blitzes, audibles.... the amount of movement and talking and yelling pre-snap was so much fun to watch.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Bingo. Again, for all the grief that Madden takes, the more NFL games I watch (especially from behind the QB angles), the more I think many of the gripes are undeserved. The passing windows really are that small, linebackers really do make a fair number of plays that seem psychic (think Adalius Thomas picking off Philip Rivers), and comeback routes need to be thrown exactly on time or the corner really does have the advantage. Also, corners do break off their men to jump other routes without ever giving a hint of their intentions. The Pats do that a lot, and Samuel is a master at making it look like he's manning up on a receiver only to peel off and jump the underneath route. I've seen A LOT of things that would have made me throw down the controller if I was playing Madden. There are problems- I'm not sure the receivers develop their patterns at proper speed, and without question they don't defend their space and use their bodies well enough, which is why any post pattern is basically a guaranteed pick. There is DB AI cheating aplenty, there are other things, but the biggest issue is the inability of receivers to block out defenders.

Anyway, as I said before, the speed of decision making in Madden is much closer to correct than the speed of decision making in APF. That seems to garner a kneejerk response from people who think I'm somehow slandering APF (I don't know why- I think APF is clearly the better game engine on the whole). But it happens to be true.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You have 4 seconds to throw in APF? Where did you get those numbers. Madden 08 is Madden 04. No slide protection, dumb oline, and all lbs and cbs have Carl Lewis speed.
You definitely have 4 seconds to throw the ball. Unfortunately, people complain so 2k football gets more user friendly every year.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
The problem with what your asking for is that currently there is no game way to stop a madden type nano blitz in All Pro. You can say use the protections but those are so "random" as to who your lineman will block. I would like to know every assignment if possible.

I don't want them to do what Madden does and give the defense a tool and not give the offense a counter to that tool and have one year where a specific tool from the defense totally dominates the game and then you have to wait till next year for them to come with an offensive tool to balance it out only to get another offensive tool that totally dominates the defense.

Give us "smart" Lineman abilities like say you pick a center who has the "smart" or "Blitz pickup" ability and is able to give proper blocking assignments on blitzes without me doing it manually. Or give us more refined protection strategies or better yet show us who is going to block who with a diagram similar to when you hold Left Trigger to see your play when at the line that way when we can cycle through the protections and see who is going to block who and if we like it make a hot adjustment and run the play and if we don't like it call a timeout.

That way the quick snappers can't just snap it right away especially if a blitz is coming they have to cycle through their protections to see who will block who and this at least gives the defense some time to give the offense different looks.

This alone would be a great cat and mouse game between the two players with one cycling through his/her protections to cover what you think is coming while the defender is switching up looks and showing blitzes then moving guys back, that would be hot!!

Then the nano blitz would be a welcomed addition, plus add to the fact that you can signal steal, man what a cat and mouse game the pre-snap strategies would be!! Almost like Payton Manning going up against Ray Lewis and the Ravens a few years ago in a sunday night game where they were both - calling protections, showing blitzes, audibles.... the amount of movement and talking and yelling pre-snap was so much fun to watch.
But your assumption about madden not having anything to stop nano's is not a correct one. It's not documented and it is not slide protection but nano's can be blocked, how else would those guys at the Challenges survive if they couldn't? And I know some guys that participate in challenges and they run the ball and pass it from under center and their QB never lands on his back and people are sending nano's left and right, but they labbed things and know how to block the nanos so nanos do not affect them at all.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 AM   #30
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
But your assumption about madden not having anything to stop nano's is not a correct one. It's not documented and it is not slide protection but nano's can be blocked, how else would those guys at the Challenges survive if they couldn't? And I know some guys that participate in challenges and they run the ball and pass it from under center and their QB never lands on his back and people are sending nano's left and right, but they labbed things and know how to block the nanos so nanos do not affect them at all.
I meant not in maddens game but in this one. Yeah I'm sure they are "tactics" like using a motion man to clog up the blitz lane or something that you would probably not see on Sundays to stop blitzing. I don't want to play a game where I have to go to a "videogame" adjustment to stop something. If anything I would rather it be the way I have it posted. Blitzing is not the end all be all on defense. The blitz should not be 100% effective, if thats the case then you are just trying to get the game to fit your playing style and not a realistic game overall. If there is nano blitzing there should be a counter that should not include having to "videogame" my way out of it by using something teams wouldn't use on sunday.

If I see something of a blitz, I should then cycle threw some protections till I see the blocking scheme I like for what I think is coming at me.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:11 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
You definitely have 4 seconds to throw the ball. Unfortunately, people complain so 2k football gets more user friendly every year.
If VC gave us the option to play fast speed online the qb would have less time. Fast is the way to play. Go to practice mode and change the speed from normal to fast. The qb has less time in the pocket. Thanks to hotshot for pointing this out.

Even with longer time in the pocket my d can handle most.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2007, 04:21 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I agree but why can't we labbed out some of the issues in APF2k8. I live in the lab but we stop sharing how to work around some issues in a great game. The nano to me is unacceptable for any football game. We been there, done that.

Every Madden Challenges set back football gaming 10 years. The same crap 2k did with their tourny. I didn't even think about trying to play in either because I want to play a realistic brand of football.

Peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »