Home

APF2k9 is confirmed

This is a discussion on APF2k9 is confirmed within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: APF2k9 is confirmed

The link didn't open.

But either way it's not a battle 2K would want to get into. They'd have both the NFL and EA both coming after them, not to mention they'd be burning a bridge with the NFL. Yes, the NFL gave 2K the shaft by going exclusive, but the in the end it will be 2K knocking on the NFL's door when the deal expires.......not the other way around. And the difference with these high school teams is that they aren't releasing any products on an international level with these logos for sale and profit.

But I agree, ditch the legends and go custom to the hilt. Give the fans a means to create or import whatever logos they want and let them create their own leagues as well as the teams that comprise them from top to bottom. Put a deep franchise mode in there and keep a strong online component and you'll have a product that literally is capable of pleasing everybody. The customization was good in APF, but it could've been much deeper. Don't stick us franchise guys with the "All Pro League", let us name our own league. Games like Winning Eleven don't need an exclusive license or gimmicky legends to sell their game and kill everyone else in the reviews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 3

Having Legends isn't a gimmick. It's a time saver. I don't wanna have to create Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, John Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Steve Young, et al myself if I don't have to... I can add Terrell Owens or Jeff Garcia at my own leisure though.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #107
Banned

But do you really have to have NFL players to enjoy playing a good football game? Personally, to me I couldn't possibly care less. I play strictly franchise mode and it doesn't take long to get alot of generated players in the league anyway.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
But do you really have to have NFL players to enjoy playing a good football game? Personally, to me I couldn't possibly care less. I play strictly franchise mode and it doesn't take long to get alot of generated players in the league anyway.
And this is why full customization is the only way to go. Why? Because it satisfies both user sets - the ones who don't care about the NFL and are fine with generic players they can develop or create, and the NFL hardcore gamers who do a better job of creating roster sets and players than EA or 2K, or whoever.

It's a win-win...but for some reason, the manufacturers think they know better. They won't listen to their user base, except if someone asks for a super-duper, out of this world hit stick or something just as inane.

C
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #109
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

I do like the legends- alot actually. I personally think they need to take a "both-and" approach. Give us a legends mode, and give us a non-legends franchise mode with customization. Everyone would be happy.

I like the idea of online legends drafts for online seasons, but that was never implemented last year.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I agree 100% and I am sure there are more people out there who feel the same way. I am hardcore 2k5 but gave APF to my uncle because of a lack of franchise.

Awesome create a team but for what?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #111
Banned

Yeah, for people who spend little no time online it's alot of time customizing the team for a single season, unless you want to just start over with new seasons all the time with the same team and that's no fun for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 3

get rid of the legends, most of them are way too powerful in the game. give me a deep dynasty with no names like in the college game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »