Home

What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game?

This is a discussion on What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #49
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game?

How about this one? I read posts about NBA 2k8 where you have to play 12 minute quarters to simulate a real score and stats. Great, a full season with 12 minute quarters, I'll get right on it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #50
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
How about this one? I read posts about NBA 2k8 where you have to play 12 minute quarters to simulate a real score and stats. Great, a full season with 12 minute quarters, I'll get right on it.
I am in the same boat with NHL08. Great game and all, but I really prefer 5 minute periods with hockey. But if you want realistic scores, you have to play 10 minute periods.

On a larger scale, more and more games seem to be going away from offering shorter seasons. I don't like simming games, but I don't have time for 80+ NHL or NBA games.....and 162 games for baseball is way too much for me. This actually ruined the heralded MVP05 game for me. While I enjoyed the game, I couldn't get into it knowing I couldn't play all my season games. I ended up going .500 in the 40 games I played, but my team cranked in the simmed games and I easily made the playoffs....felt kind of lame.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #51
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
That's pretty awesome, actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
I meant to say that they never developed the old college 2K football games. VC's name remains as the developer since it was their engine that was being used, but another company was the actual developer who created the game. Someone on these forums knows the name of the developer, but I can't remember.

Also, as a note, all franchise modes on consoles have bugs. What point are you getting at? They all have bugs! However, you make like VC could never create a good dynasty mode. Just because bugs may exist, it doesn't mean that it's not good. CHoops is an exact example of a great franchise mode and you still want to put it down. You can't make a point if you don't have one.
Avalanche Software. VC's name isn't on it. Both were under Sega Sports though with VC doing NFL and Avalanche doing College.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #53
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
I thinks it's time for somebody to step in and take down EA Sports. The ones hurting from their monopoly are us, the gamers.
Hey michael they might have over looked your post with all the complaining about the franchise stuff.

This is the honest truth. We as the consumer have the power to change EA into making a better product. If everyone wised up and went a year or two without buying a EA sports title. I am postive you would see a MUCH better product coming.

Now on to the topic.

I would be in flat out heaven if 2k did a college game. It would be the greatest football title to date. Beating 2k5 out. Could you imagine ALL the teams. All the different play styles. I think 2k could be the only company to do college football correctly.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #54
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
Hey michael they might have over looked your post with all the complaining about the franchise stuff.
I think we are allowed to express our oppinions if we don't like something. I just don't want a mode being forced upon me like in NFL 2k5 and NBA 2k5 or NHL 08 in which you are forced to play a franchise mode.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #55
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
No I've been playing sports games since 1990 and I just hate franchise modes for the simple fact is that I want roster accuracy to finest detail. What's the point of playing a game to represent a sport when the Yankees trade Mariano Rivera for a bag of balls.

Or worst yet like Bulls trading Jordan for Drexler or something. Or in High Heat 2002 for the PC where the AI would just release players for no particular reason.

I HATE!! franchise modes get rid of them PLEASE!! Every franchise mode in every game makes the wierdest decisions. They AI is dumb in all of them, I don't want them don't need them and can't wait till they get rid of them and give us LIVE living rosters which change when the real rosters change when we play.

For example say a player in the real world gets hurt for several game than in our season mode that player gets hurt as well. Roster accuracy.

Even for this game, I still would not like a franchise mode because I don't want all random generic players. I still love the legends idea cause I remember most of these players and it brings back great memories. What I would like to see is them reassemble those great teams with the legends they have like the America's team Cowboy's of the 70's or the Giants of the 80's. Put those players together on teams, let us change their uniforms to match what they wore when they played and allow us to change the city and stadium they play in so we can represent each legend team.

Well you always have the option to play exhibition and stay away from the franchise mode..Are you serious about the legends? Please take those out if you want something out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #56
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
Well you always have the option to play exhibition and stay away from the franchise mode..Are you serious about the legends? Please take those out if you want something out.
There is something called season mode, been around since the inception of sports games. Maybe they can toss that in once in a while instead of forcing us to play franchise.

As for the legends, I don't know about you but I love old school football and I remember most of those players. I know most people here don't care about the greats of the past and only care about the present or were too young to even remember seeing the games in which those legends played but that aspect has really invigorated me since I am really not as passionate about these nfl teams now as I was for the old ones when I watched more frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »