Home

Ok The Last Point: Have we graduated BEYOND birdseye view?

This is a discussion on Ok The Last Point: Have we graduated BEYOND birdseye view? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Ok The Last Point: Have we graduated BEYOND birdseye view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
We need to step up in the tech world more than just view points. Hear me out.

What about battlefield 2142. It has 32 player servers, with huge amount of effects, soft shadows, bloom lighting, high poly count models, first person combat, HUGE maps with big draw distances. Now compare these to the tech of MADDEN or APF. My god it is not even close. All big FPS titles stomp sport titles in the tech department. This needs to change NOW.

Lets imagine this.
APF 2k9
-First person football - Choose your postion and stay locked in.
-11 on 11 online football - EVERYONE plays a postion.
-High poly count models, w/ jersey deformation (dirt,grass stains,grass in helmet)
-Field deformation - grass getting tore up from cleats, rain causing puddles, ect
-Combine the above with Endorphin tackle engine (aka backbreaker)
-physics for ball flight and in air (wind having a factor)
-REAL speed for players. 40 time is same as real world 40ty time.
-No more attributes, postives, negative abilities. Make players play DIFFERENT

Tell me this can not be done!!!! Lazy one track mind developers is our problem.
if they did this, i'd never get anything done!!!!

pete
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Lets imagine this.
APF 2k9
-First person football - Choose your postion and stay locked in.
-High poly count models, w/ jersey deformation (dirt,grass stains,grass in helmet)
-Field deformation - grass getting tore up from cleats, rain causing puddles, ect
-Combine the above with Endorphin tackle engine (aka backbreaker)
-physics for ball flight and in air (wind having a factor)
-REAL speed for players. 40 time is same as real world 40ty time.
-No more attributes, postives, negative abilities. Make players play DIFFERENT

Tell me this can not be done!!!! Lazy one track mind developers is our problem.
And they work to get all of that done - what's the under/over on how long it takes ignorant/immature online gamers to make the mode unplayable? Getting TWO like-minded people together for a game seems to be an issue for some - getting 11vs11 would be near impossible I'd think. I hear NBA Live is shooting for a 5vs5 online mode; will be interesting to see how that plays out. But I wouldn't have high hopes for the mode long term. Even if the games got to online-shooter level popularity

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #11
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
And they work to get all of that done - what's the under/over on how long it takes ignorant/immature online gamers to make the mode unplayable? Getting TWO like-minded people together for a game seems to be an issue for some - getting 11vs11 would be near impossible I'd think. I hear NBA Live is shooting for a 5vs5 online mode; will be interesting to see how that plays out. But I wouldn't have high hopes for the mode long term. Even if the games got to online-shooter level popularity
TRUE, but my point was mainly on how the sport genre is NOT growing. It is so far behind in the tech department it is not even funny.

Lets go far back, lets go back to FAR CRY the first one. FAR CRY 1 had cloth that moved and swayed and when you bumped into it moved realistic. YEARS later they can't even do clothing to do it!!!! Yet games such as GOW, Assassins Creed, COD 4, Mass Effect are blowing sport titles out the water with improvments to the genre.

It is sad But madden can't even do realistic animations much less high tech stuff like terrain deformation [/Sarcasm]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

So, a close in third person view, kind of like the camera in superstar mode in Madden except not as crappy? I guess it should be an option. I'm not sure I'd like it though, and can't really see any advantages to it if you're essentially controlling the whole team and not just one player, such as in superstar mode.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

We need something new and I prefer closer to the action 3rd person view. The camera needs to pan around more but still keep the action in focus.

On defense (online or Vs CPU) i want the camera to be 3rd person behind me on defense as well!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

The only reason I wouldn't like a first person view in a football game would be the constant camera switching when changing players.

In 2k5 what they did was slow the action down whenever you switched, how would that be done in an online game?

In NHL 2k6 they came with the goalie control third person view for the 360 and it can really slow down the game when the action constantly slows down for each and every shot for the goalie. With a football game or basketball game the switching of players would be camera and slow down hell.

If this idea was to ever come to fruition then they would probably have to force us to play as one position on offense or defense the whole play until the whistle. To keep the pace of the game and not allow the slow down of a play to ease us into the switching make games too long or unplayble online.

I actually like the player lock idea but not sure how many would like that since they might have several outcomes of plays be out of their control.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #15
DickDalewood

OVR:

I personally love the current viewpoint.

My opinion: first person football sucked ***... I like the whole tv-like broadcast perspective, etc.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #16
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
lmao! those replays would be some hilarious sh*t

2-on-2 would be more realistic...even 4-on-4 maybe.

Those here who've known me for awhile already know I'm a longtime proponent of First Person Football. Prior to the release of NFL2k5, I'd sent VC over 40 ideas to significantly enhance the FPF playing experience. The only idea that made it in was the QB Progression Scan. It was a cool addition but, overall, 2k4's FPF was smoother and more intuitive, especially when tyring to play some defensive back. I still like the mode's potential but it appears that it will never get attention it deserves from a development standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »