Home

How can you not like this game?

This is a discussion on How can you not like this game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
How can you not like this game?

Well it was one in the morning and I was in for the night. So my buddies call and want me to come hang out and get our drink on, I say no I'm in and tired, told them I'll catch them later. A few minutes go by and the phone rings again. It's one of my buddies calling me out for a game of APF 2K8. "What, you calling me out? Ok meet me in the lobby" Ok it's on.

So over at my friends house is a bunch of drinking buddies who don't play the games. So all the trash talk they hear between me and my friend they now get to witness.

Opening play he kicks off. My generic gets an angle and takes it to the hizzy. LOL. Jumped on him right on the kickoff. I know they're over there going crazy LOL. "Oh he ran it all the way on you, HAHAHA". Ok so he gets the ball, marches down and scores. Fair enough.
OFFENSE: 0 SPECIAL TEAMS: 1 DEFENSE: 0
I get the ball and my players go blind deaf and dumb so time to punt. He doesn't play it safe, he goes for the block which he NEVER does. I guess he's feeling the beer, so am I but I play it safe and punt. No faking. HE BLOCKS IT. HE BLOCKS MY PUNT BUT WAIT..... My generic guy recovers and , with some outstanding blocks on some star players, TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE!!!

OFFENSE: 0 SPECIAL TEAMS: 2 DEFENSE: 0

Ok after exchanging some field goals and TD's. It's all tied!!! I decide rather than try something risky let's take this baby to overtime. So thats what I do

OFFENSE: 2 SPECIAL TEAMS: 2 DEFENSE: 0

I win the coin toss and take the ball. I march it down field. I have a methodical plan and I'm sticking to it. But the closer I get the more anxious I get. I feel my offense line isn't holding up as they should and I need to take a chance. I get what I want on offense. My silver receiver one on one with a generic. I'm going for it. But the generic is with him step for step by I force it anyway. INTERCEPTION!!! OH NO!! I just blew it. My receiver tackles him at the goal line. Thanks for nothing but I guess it's a small blessing. Well he's on and I mean ON the goal line. So I know that if I go all out blitz either he'll hit me with the quick pass or run and slip right on through. If I fall back then he'll get the room he needs and then I have to keep him out of FG range. If I do something wishy washy then I'll get wishy washy results. Well I put in a play. He steps to the line. IT'S A RUN. But he didn't like what I had stacked on the left so it's a counter to the right where I'm weak. But LO AND BEHOLD my bronze DE and generic LB step up huge. SAFETY. They nail his Gale Sayers in the backfield. SAFETY SAFETY DEFENSE STEPPED UP! WE WIN.

OFFENSE: 2 SPECIAL TEAMS: 2 DEFENSE: 1, ONE HUGE ONE

Funny thing about it is this was using my Giants cap. Only fitting that a team that looks for defense and special teams to step up. Special teams and defense stepped up huge for me
FINAL SCORE 33-31
Notable: My defense was able to hold Sayers to 72 yards on 15 attempts with one TD. No small feat. I saved the replay and will post so you guys could see the last play go down. I'll do it tomorrow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: How can you not like this game?

Those nail Biter games are always fun and tense.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Love this game. Played last night for the first time in months though.

If it had a deep franchise it would have been the best football game of all time, and probably the top video game for me. But alas, I have to put 2k5 and NCAA '04 ahead of it. Even still, it's a great online game. I played about 80 games online after having never touched Xbox live before. Almost all my games were against legit opponents. It was mostly the same group of guys online every night last summer, some really fun guys to play with. The 2k football community is great.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Between COD4, Mass Effect and now GTA I havent played in months, but with all the madden talk I popped APF in last night too.
Simply put; The best playing game of football ever. Its lack of a franchise brings a tear to my eye, but what happens on the field is unsurpassed.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Best playing football game of all time. Even better than 2k5 IMHO

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Though I've only played about 10 games or so, and initially was a bit disappointed by it, I'm starting to like it a lot. The action on the field is pretty impressive. It's a game overall that definitely could use some work.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Yep, I found a whole new love with this game online on legend. It makes a big difference competitiveness wise and you can still get good games on that level.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The only way to not like this game, is to be frustrated with the lack of support from 2K Sports. There are HUGE bugs in the game (Focus Bug - which is 100% unforgivable, Bunny Hops, DE Twist Glitch), and a good other 20+ game breaking bugs that need to be fixed. With no APF2K9 coming out, they really need to patch the game if they want people to stay interested. I have reduced my playing time considerably as the game is beginning to not be worth the frustration of playing through the bugs. If they don't patch the game soon, then I may give up on it completely.

Great game. Poor support.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »