Home

Johnny Unitas

This is a discussion on Johnny Unitas within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Johnny Unitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGiaNTS25
i never said EA had better gameplay, **** i own 2k8 and its got the best gameplay out there, but you say EA puts out a **** game but im disagreeing saying EA spends time on franchise mode which apf doesnt even have. i know 2k8 is better gameplay wise but thats all they have on madden or NCAA.
How do you have a compelling franchise mode in APF 2K8 when it's based on legends from the past?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
i never said EA had better gameplay, **** i own 2k8 and its got the best gameplay out there, but you say EA puts out a **** game but im disagreeing saying EA spends time on franchise mode which apf doesnt even have. i know 2k8 is better gameplay wise but thats all they have on madden or NCAA.
nuff said, now go and price your hotdogs and parking spaces, and leave the real football to the big boys. Freaking EA supporters, god i hate tiburon for ruining what at one time was a very enjoyable football game. I remember when the release of madden was like a holiday, not it is a joke, i just browse the forums to hear about the game killing glitch/bug/issue. and praise myself for not giving into the hype machine and blowing 60 bucks.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
nuff said, now go and price your hotdogs and parking spaces, and leave the real football to the big boys. Freaking EA supporters, god i hate tiburon for ruining what at one time was a very enjoyable football game. I remember when the release of madden was like a holiday, not it is a joke, i just browse the forums to hear about the game killing glitch/bug/issue. and praise myself for not giving into the hype machine and blowing 60 bucks.
you really dont get it do you. i never said i was supporting EA but you guys are saying madden is a **** product and im disagreeing because ea has a franchise mode. i love franchise and i also love 2k8s gameplay but i cant have both now can i?

god, why are you so bitter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #12
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

cuz theres no 2k9 coming out...damn you 2k!!

to OP's question before it got derailed...not sure about Unitas but Marino has a distinct style in throwing, he has that quick release...nicely captured

Last edited by Goffs; 07-01-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
you really dont get it do you. i never said i was supporting EA but you guys are saying madden is a **** product and im disagreeing because ea has a franchise mode. i love franchise and i also love 2k8s gameplay but i cant have both now can i?

They're not bitter, just that most people want to play football not deal with unrealistic elements of management. I never liked franchise modes cause I want roster accuracy. Anyway these games were meant to be played not simmed. I'm sure there are many text based management football games out there for those that want franchise modes. What good is a franchise mode if the gameplay itself is horrible.

You can never have a realistic franchise because of soo many factors outside the realm of AI management. Now of course they could make a better one than what they did with 2k5 but with 2k8 its a game about players spanning 50 years and more of pro football. I am not sure how a franchise mode could have been developed from that idea.

It's a novelty to get more people to purchase the game, especially those people old enough to remember the 80's and 90's.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
They're not bitter, just that most people want to play football not deal with unrealistic elements of management. I never liked franchise modes cause I want roster accuracy. Anyway these games were meant to be played not simmed. I'm sure there are many text based management football games out there for those that want franchise modes. What good is a franchise mode if the gameplay itself is horrible.

You can never have a realistic franchise because of soo many factors outside the realm of AI management. Now of course they could make a better one than what they did with 2k5 but with 2k8 its a game about players spanning 50 years and more of pro football. I am not sure how a franchise mode could have been developed from that idea.

It's a novelty to get more people to purchase the game, especially those people old enough to remember the 80's and 90's.
Well written. I never understood people who insisted on franchise to the point of berating the game. Like you said if you're really THAT much into franchise then I'm very sure there are way better options than Madden to fill that void.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22

fair enough. sorry i just get pissed when people say EA releases crap products.

Quote:
Well written. I never understood people who insisted on franchise to the point of berating the game. Like you said if you're really THAT much into franchise then I'm very sure there are way better options than Madden to fill that void.
i really enjoy turning bad teams (like the dolphins, the rams, the falcons, etc) into superbowl winners. and i think 2k8s gameplay is amazing, but espn ****s 2k8 over leaving EA with the liscense so madden is the only choice i have for franchise.

what bugs me though is that people are pissed at EA for having the liscense. i personally am angry at ESPN for being one sided.

Quote:
Like you said if you're really THAT much into franchise then I'm very sure there are way better options than Madden to fill that void.
what better options do i have? is ESPN 2k5 better than madden because i hear wonder stories about it.

back on topic though, i suck with johnny unitas... better with john elway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have just started using Johnny U after playing 2 full seasons with Marino. The transition was pretty simple. Both are incredible pocket players. I love using Unitas already, but I'm still kind of wondering because I am a big fan of great running game, and I'm using Christian Okoye, but I want to go with a gold RB, anyone know a good steal in the bronze QB ranks? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »