Home

How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most

This is a discussion on How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: How the loss of 2k hurt EA fans the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Hyperbole huh?

Ask all the guys waiting for patches for NCAA if its hyperbole.

Competition creates quality. Its that simple.
Don't disagree competition creates quality, but people like you seem to act as if 2k5 for exmaple didn't have big game play holes and glitches as well. 2k5 probably could have used a patch for several on and off field problems. These problems aren't symptom of lack of competition, they are symptom of a much larger problem in the software development industry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Don't disagree competition creates quality, but people like you seem to act as if 2k5 for exmaple didn't have big game play holes and glitches as well. 2k5 probably could have used a patch for several on and off field problems. These problems aren't symptom of lack of competition, they are symptom of a much larger problem in the software development industry.
People like me? lol.

Ill be the first to tell you that 2k5 was nowhere near perfect.

But there is no denying that when there is no competition, the games don't reach the level of quality they should.

See Ea football games, 2K baseball games(not powerpros).

I loved MVP baseball, and 2K football. Trust me, im not biased.

I actually enjoy NCAA football this year, minus the huge unacceptable problems(non working sliders, cpu AI.)

Its not hyperbole. Its a fact. We all suffer from a lack of competition.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
P
. We all suffer from a lack of competition.
I don't disagree. But it's hyperbole by saying it hurts EA fans the most. Not to mention major game play problems are not something unique to post exclusive license games..

If anything I'd say it hurts the hardcore football fans the most. I believe most casual fans, don't even notice the majority of the problems that the next gen games have had.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
I don't disagree. But it's hyperbole by saying it hurts EA fans the most. Not to mention major game play problems are not something unique to post license games..

If anything I'd say it hurts the hardcore football fans the most. I believe most casual fans, don't even notice the majority of the problems that the next gen games have had.
I disagree. I was a huge EA fan, and in many ways I still am.

I really wanted this years NCAA to be as good as 2004, and with the severe problems wth the gameplay( namely broken sliders) it just wasn't meant to be.

Im well aware that most people that buy the game won't notice these issue, so yes in a way the hardcore guys are hurt the most.

But a rising tide lifts all boats, and in this sense a low tide lowers all boats.

Reading the NCAA boards it sad to see what is accepted by many.

I just know that if there was a legit competitor, many of these issue would not have occurred.

It seems your contention is that EA guys are not hardcore fans. I disagree. Of course most who buy the game are not "hardcore" guys.

I do belive however that the guys who buy EA games want the best football game they can get, and since there is no competition, they are not getting it.

Look no furthur than last years Madden. I cannot believe that EA would have released such an unfinished game if they had any competition.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I disagree. I was a huge EA fan, and in many ways I still am.

I really wanted this years NCAA to be as good as 2004, and with the severe problems wth the gameplay( namely broken sliders) it just wasn't meant to be.

Im well aware that most people that buy the game won't notice these issue, so yes in a way the hardcore guys are hurt the most.

But a rising tide lifts all boats, and in this sense a low tide lowers all boats.

Reading the NCAA boards it sad to see what is accepted by many.

I just know that if there was a legit competitor, many of these issue would not have occurred.

It seems your contention is that EA guys are not hardcore fans. I disagree. Of course most who buy the game are not "hardcore" guys.

I do belive however that the guys who buy EA games want the best football game they can get, and since there is no competition, they are not getting it.

Look no furthur than last years Madden. I cannot believe that EA would have released such an unfinished game if they had any competition.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
LOl. Fair enough BK, I just wish i had been smart enough to save all that typing in the last post and say what you just said.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
LOl. Fair enough BK, I just wish i had been smart enough to save all that typing in the last post and say what you just said.
LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 17

This thread is hilarious.

Poster #1: APF rocks, EA sucks! Real gamers play 2K games!

Poster #2: True that!

Poster #3: No doubt! Everyone who plays EA games are sheep and don't know football!

Poster #4: QFT! You can't change sheep!

Poster #5: Very astute observation poster #4!!!

Poster #6: rock on guys! 2K forever!!!

Poster #7: I spit on EA games!!!

Poster #8: Hell yeah man, I threw mine out the window!!

LOL. APF is a bare-bones port of a last gen game. It had cyborg-like star players that turned the game almost into a Blitz style arcade fest......especially with the charged super moves. Bugs? I remember I once had THREE #67's on my offensive line. It wasn't uncommon to face a CPU opponent in season mode that had one or more of the same players I had on my team. Not to mention its own share of gameplay issues. License or not, 2K had a chance to accomplish what the license-less Winning Eleven series did competing with FIFA and failed miserably. That's why there's no more APF. It isn't EA or the NFL. Winning Eleven survived and even flourished over the course of the franchise. The only reason 2K couldn't accomplish the same is because of their completely lazy and lackluster effort. Maybe if they'd spent a little more time actually working on the game and a little less time chasing down guys like Eric Bienemy for license agreements they might've turned in a product that would've been more successful. Seems par for the course these days with 2K Sports games.....especially judging by the horrid Prizefighter game. Maybe 2K should give the reins over to 2K Boston for the next installment. After playing the masterpiece that was Bioshock it seems that's the only developer under the 2K umbrella operating with any kind of flair or passion anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »