Home

Might pick up Madden today.

This is a discussion on Might pick up Madden today. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #49
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Might pick up Madden today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
This thread doesn't belong on this board. Any mod should be able to see it... board = APF2K8... post = Madden.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95
If this thread were to take place in the Madden forum, it would have been locked an we all would have be yellow carded for trolling. You can't say anything bad about Madden anymore now that the Devs are on the boards and the Mods want everyone to suck up to them.

Damn I'm getting real revolutionary right here. I kinda like it

I disagree there are plenty of negative remarks about Madden here. It's the repetetive ones that get locked or the ones that do nothing but call EA a bunch of lazy losers, etc.

you can be critical of a game, you just have to be somewhat civil when doing so. Some people around here simply haven't been able to grasp that, and start popping off with posts like yours.

That being said, I finally put Head Coach down long enough to play some Madden. It was underwhelming to say the least. It's ok, but it's a game that simply does not keep my attention.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-10-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
This thread doesn't belong on this board. Any mod should be able to see it... board = APF2K8... post = Madden.
If this thread was on the Madden forums, a certain mod would have locked it by now.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #52
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95
If this thread was on the Madden forums, a certain mod would have locked it by now.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't know why it needed to be said, but okay
It didnt, but i understand its their site, so they can do what they want, when they want and make up rules whenever they want.

He once warned me for saying Madden was special, i used specially something else. I laughed. hah

Anyways, yeah, in the past this would have been history quick. I may give Madden a rent, but thats a huge maybe. At first i thought no way. Hell, i got Madden 07 from gamefly i believe and i lasted all of 1 game before i sent it back. lol Going to see how far they have actually came. I was hoping i could tell from the demo, but with them not letting you play defense AT ALL, i may have to check it out through a rental.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It didnt, but i understand its their site, so they can do what they want, when they want and make up rules whenever they want.

He once warned me for saying Madden was special, i used specially something else. I laughed. hah

Anyways, yeah, in the past this would have been history quick. I may give Madden a rent, but thats a huge maybe. At first i thought no way. Hell, i got Madden 07 from gamefly i believe and i lasted all of 1 game before i sent it back. lol Going to see how far they have actually came. I was hoping i could tell from the demo, but with them not letting you play defense AT ALL, i may have to check it out through a rental.
I have it, it really does nothing for me. It's worth a rental, as some may like it. I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it either. It's simply, ok for me I guess.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

I don't get the hyper-sensitivity and pillow-talk coverage that Madden's getting, but it's obvious this thread wasn't created to bash Madden. It's been informative to me because I'd prefer to hear the impressions of people that aren't basing their opinion on Madden '09 being better than Madden '08 - it's supposed to be better than Madden 08. Is the game as good as some are saying? It may be but I'd rather hear from someone who's not basing their comparisons to Tiburon's previous poor efforts. I think some people are so happy the game is at least competent, that they're overlooking what may be legitimate issues. I've looked at many of the vids posted and I haven't seen one person caught from behind. I've seen a lot of what looks like bad angles taken by defenders. I haven't seen anyone mention any of the areas the Tiburon devs have openly said will be issues this year (OL/DL interaction, DB/WR interaction, QB play, etc.) as being an issue right now. Or maybe they really are just going to get a pass because they've said they'll address things in the future.

Either way, given the climate I'm sure if anything is questioned in the Madden forums people would say you're hating/trolling/expecting perfection. No one in this thread is going out of their way to bash Madden; the reality of the situation is we have no other option other than what Tiburon produces. Or to choose not to purchase the game. I think APF fans would tend to expect a little more than people who haven't played a football game in 4yrs - or people that feel the game hasn't been that bad for the past 4yrs

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Agree, spank. This thread is necessary here because it's a place where people with a clear preference for what APF does right can compare that game with Madden. We're not blind fans, but we have some clear commitments to certain elements of gameplay, and this is the thread to talk about whether or not Madden has them. Whether it's better than last year, whether the devs are nice people, whether the team is trying hard--none of that is really relevant. It's the product and our preferences. I for one have found the reflections here helpful, nymph of the woods's reservations aside.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »