Home

Why are the players in this game so huge?

This is a discussion on Why are the players in this game so huge? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why are the players in this game so huge?

just make a custom camera

distance 100
angle 53

it's the best camera to have
Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by golli
Alright, I don't have the best pictures so I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Ok, image #1 APF 2k8

Image #2 Madden 09

And image #3 a nice field view of the Pats vs Eagles from last season. I wish I could've found a coach film type picture from behind the offense to better compare but this is the best I came across.

So, it's very obvious that APF's default camera is zoomed much closer so of course the player's look larger. Despite this however I still think there is just not enough open field in this game.

To answer you Trojan, I always seem to have trouble with quick slants and even slightly deeper posts across the middle. It always seems that the LB's can cover the entire middle of the field (even outside the hash marks) way to easily and consistently. If you've got any tips for helping me find more success here please share but what I'm more concerned with is if you guys think the field is too small when checking out these pics because I'm not entirely convinced one way or the other.
Well, that certainly proves your point. I haven't played Madden in a while, but it does look like there's a lot more field in that screen than what you get out of APF. I haven't tried kantshootrite's camera suggestion, but I'd be curious to see just how much difference that makes.

With regard to the patterns you're having difficulty with, I know what you mean. I usually don't have trouble with the slant, but that's because I've learned to make the OLB my read on that route. If he moves toward the sideline, I wait just a tad longer so that my WR can clear his path; otherwise the LB do have a bit more range than I'd like when it comes to breaking up that route. And while there is a little bit of super jumping by LBs to defend passes over the middle, I've found that getting the proper amount of loft on the ball really helps with that. If I'm throwing a post and there are backers dropping, I won't gun it. Instead, I'll put a little touch on it to get it over the second level. It works well.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 28

his images aren't loading for me. I'd like to see this myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
Rookie

Yeah, the site I uploaded the pictures too seems to be a little shaky. Their hosting seems to go down from time to time so just check back in a bit and hopefully they'll be up.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Whats funny about the TC's observation is that I thought the same thing about ps2 Maddens. I was used to playing NFL 2K5 and when I'd go to Madden the players looked huge. I figured they were enlarged to make gameplay coding easier, lol.

Now I'm hearing a Maddenite(?) say 2K's models are too large. But I think this has to do w/ EA shrinking the players for 09, which I support, by the way. I'm not into rosters and all that, so lately I just buy Madden when it hits $40. However, I do buy a full priced Madden every year for my son. He loves EA Sports and I love 2K. Can't we all just get along?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Deleted.

Last edited by DakkoN; 09-26-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckONE
Deleted.

Freak out much?

Last edited by DakkoN; 09-26-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

The only problem imo, and it's in madden too is that recievers line up too wide. I was watching a real game and saw an out pattern caught - the ball was hiked on the hash-mark that was on the same side of the field of the reciever who caught the ball.

In games you can't do this because he'll catch it out of bounds - provided you let the qb do his drop-back. It's like the fields aren't wide enough, or the timming is off, or they don't line-up properly or run routes that enable them to catch the ball.

The actual size of the players shouldn't make much of a difference really. And I think you're wrong about your size complaint to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »