Home

2K needs to go for NAIA licensing...

This is a discussion on 2K needs to go for NAIA licensing... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: 2K needs to go for NAIA licensing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
And I'm just a little bit dubious that "full customization" is the panacea that some claim it to be.
So am I. I think many that say it would be perfect are looking at it from a selfish point of view. Most gamers that would purchase the game aren't going to want to be forced to customize the game to their liking, and if NBA2K9 is any indication the masses aren't going to be downloading modded rosters/sliders - in any organized way at least, where one becomes the standard. The base game would really need to be all it can be. While the lack of having the NFL licenses is HUGE, I would think 2K would have an advantage in two areas - they seem to have better motion capture tech, and they seem to have more talent/better focus as a development team. I doubt you'd see them placing too much focus on capturing "getcha popcorn ready" celebration anims versus anims that are less noticeable but factor into the gameplay more. Which is part of the reason APF2K8 has some legs - it's almost a two year old game operating with a huge disadvantage and still is looked to as being better than a newer Madden in many aspects. At the same time it's hard to see 2K making another go of it because while the community says they want options, their actions speak otherwise

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

So true. I have noticed an influx of folks to the APF forums and lobbies who tried this year's Madden and decided that this unlicenced game still offers the best on-field interpretation of the sport. The problem is that this game will not have traction until those people just quit buying Madden altogether. While I took that route and am glad I did, we all know that's not going to be the norm--not here among the enthusiasts, and definitely not among the masses of casual gamers.

And good point about the customization thing and 2k9. I have a hard time believing there would be any sort of wide spread agreement about how to rate players if this were fully customizeable.

I'd love a new game, but I've been playing this one non-stop for a year, and will continue to play it non-stop for the forseeable future.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #43
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

^^^Yea I bought Madden this year after playing it w/ a friend. I liked it at 1st, but the more I played it, the more I didn't like it. And went back to APF and 2K8. Traded it in for COD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #44
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Full customization certainly wouldn't be a cure all... But it would make APF a whole heck of a lot better.

As far as rating teams and players, I suggested in the wishlist thread (which no longer exists for some reason) that they should have a system where you could cut and paste players to and from different roster files... And you could also do this for leagues, playbooks, and other options...

So in other words have one save file that was your permanent one, and one that acted as a clipboard to cut and paste to and from your permanent save file. This would allow for easier creation and sharing.

Once all the editing was done, simply have team ratings for offense, defense... Maybe even splitting it up into run and pass... So that you had an idea of how the teams compared with each other...

So basically make the game consist of building blocks that are easy to work with, and yet at the same time don't force that aspect of the game onto the user. Have a preexisting, fully malleable league in place... So as not to burden gamers with having to work to enjoy the game, and yet give them the option to delve deeper once they are drawn in by the on field action.

At this point it's foolish to think that APF can go up against the juggernaut that is Madden. It's much more practical to think of it in terms of merely being profitable. They should simply ask themselves how they can make it work, and if they can make it work. Evidence seems to suggest that they can.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

I love my 2k8, but if legends are the hold up on getting another game, then let 'em go. I don't need 'em. They're nice, but not necessary. All I need is a fictional league, ala Blitz with it's own teams, players and history(having a rich back story to the league and all of the teams is a must and would make it feel real). Same franchise mode as 2k5(with a few tweeks), and we're all set.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »