Home

New and Improved CheeZE!!

This is a discussion on New and Improved CheeZE!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: New and Improved CheeZE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Did you ever watch the Bills play in the early 90's when they had the K Gun rolling? Pete was a vital part of that offense along with Reed and Lofton. Pete was by no means a Shannon Sharpe, but he was decent in that system.

I was a teenager at the time, but i did watch them play quite a bit as a friend of mines was a Bills fan.
Yeah, I grew up watching late '80s and early '90s football, and those K-Gun bills were some of my favorite teams. I wish Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Daryl Talley, and Cornelius Bennett were in this game! Even so, he only had three seasons of over 40 catches, averaged less than 10 YPC, and had a career high of 6 TDs in a season.

He was a nice 4th option, but he can flat-out dominate in this game.

I would love to put together a mock-bills-style team--this thread has inspired me!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

He's good in the game no doubt, but i dont think dominate. If you have a capable MLB you can pretty much shut him down. I use a silver ILB and i even have great success with him against gold Tight ends, but i also have to focus on the gold tight ends a bit more and anticipate what my opponent is going to do.

Nick Bounticanti is a stud at MLB in coverage. Thats who i use on most of my teams.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
He's good in the game no doubt, but i dont think dominate. If you have a capable MLB you can pretty much shut him down. I use a silver ILB and i even have great success with him against gold Tight ends, but i also have to focus on the gold tight ends a bit more and anticipate what my opponent is going to do.

Nick Bounticanti is a stud at MLB in coverage. Thats who i use on most of my teams.
He's on my league team this time around, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

I don't like any of the Legend LB's in coverage I like my Caps, just me I'm too young to remember most of the legends in this game...Thread Inspiration...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 23
A guy earlier complained that Pete metz dominates too much in this game and just waned to reply to that by saying HE SHOULD DOMINATE NO-NAMES THAT A GAME GENERATES RANDOMLY what do you expect? Some random created player to stop nfl legends?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
A guy earlier complained that Pete metz dominates too much in this game and just waned to reply to that by saying HE SHOULD DOMINATE NO-NAMES THAT A GAME GENERATES RANDOMLY what do you expect? Some random created player to stop nfl legends?
What's with the increase in unintelligent posts in this thread? I love this site because it jettisons most of the detritus, but I guess even OS isn't perfect.

I made a remark that Metzelaars plays far better in the game than he did in real life, and I just noted that as a curiosity. I know his career stats, and he was a nice checkdown, yes, but I think he's a bit juiced compared to his real-life production.

Now sure, if he's going against run-stopping generics he should win his fair share; against pass-coverage generics he should probably win a few more than he loses. Against bronze coverage backers, he probably should be at a slight disadvantage, but I think he does a little better than this.

In any case, my points wasn't to cry about his production--I have him on teams and I like him. Rather, my point was just to discuss what I thought was a discrepancy between life and the art that imitates it.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

To Metz is exactly what a guy said earlier, a security blanket...I can't count the times guys downfield and they just toss up a lob to Metz who bails them out more often than not I just laugh now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
What's with the increase in unintelligent posts in this thread? I love this site because it jettisons most of the detritus, but I guess even OS isn't perfect.

I made a remark that Metzelaars plays far better in the game than he did in real life, and I just noted that as a curiosity. I know his career stats, and he was a nice checkdown, yes, but I think he's a bit juiced compared to his real-life production.

Now sure, if he's going against run-stopping generics he should win his fair share; against pass-coverage generics he should probably win a few more than he loses. Against bronze coverage backers, he probably should be at a slight disadvantage, but I think he does a little better than this.

In any case, my points wasn't to cry about his production--I have him on teams and I like him. Rather, my point was just to discuss what I thought was a discrepancy between life and the art that imitates it.
Many Offensive players in the game are 'juiced'. Practically every QB - If you're talking stats or even CPU performance - last night I had Joe Theisman pass for 86% against my team w/ 2 bronze cb's a silver ss, 2 bronze lb's. (yet at the same time I beat them)

If you're talking when they are user controlled, that's tough to say since I put up fairly accurate numbers w/ my offense. I've used metz, I created a bronze shockey that was just as effective and that's only allowing me one ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »