Home

Why I like playing against "CHEESE"

This is a discussion on Why I like playing against "CHEESE" within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Why I like playing against "CHEESE"

I don't have the "take on all comers" attitude anymore. I try to deem my time a bit more valuable than to be wasted against a kid who wants to lob hot corners for an hour. I'll spare myself the grief and do something more productive. I feel like I've explored this game enough to have a fair judgment on what I see as fair and good competition, and what is purely AI exploits. It's just not worth the hour.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterknife26
What's the strategy to beat SureShank. His cap, mobile, rocket arm QB gives me problems.
He was using Gale Sayers when i played him and running from the 3 tight end set every single play, what you do for that formation is play 5-2. Keep the secondary in zone take one of the linebackers and blitz between the gap. One of your 5 lineman will come free and make the tackle on the runningback and it doesnt allow him to get outside of the OT's.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
He was using Gale Sayers when i played him and running from the 3 tight end set every single play, what you do for that formation is play 5-2. Keep the secondary in zone take one of the linebackers and blitz between the gap. One of your 5 lineman will come free and make the tackle on the runningback and it doesnt allow him to get outside of the OT's.
I best this guy a few times but I use a 4-3/cover 3 and I walk my SS into the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I don't have the "take on all comers" attitude anymore. I try to deem my time a bit more valuable than to be wasted against a kid who wants to lob hot corners for an hour. I'll spare myself the grief and do something more productive. I feel like I've explored this game enough to have a fair judgment on what I see as fair and good competition, and what is purely AI exploits. It's just not worth the hour.
I feel you but I also seen some innovation in game calling and the use of personel.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think it would be fun to play with an Oilers team from say Tecmo Super Bowl with Givens, Hill, Duncan and Jefferies. The thing is when you put Moon in there too, and even Lorenzo White, who's left on defense? Sean Jones, Richard Johnson, Ray Childress, and William Fuller? Fun team, but you're not stopping many teams that way.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I play lobbies game and I play against gamers with the lowest ratings. Why, because what some call cheese may be a more innovative way of playing the game. The win and losses aren't as important as being able to stop different schemes.

Does anyone else like playing against cheese or close to cheese.

Nah its a waste of time by now most should know how to stop this non sense....I'd wrather paly some who keeps me on my toes wrather than trying to stop someone who ABUSES flaws in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »