Home

Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development)

This is a discussion on Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #33
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Official: What 2k Should Do List (If 2k10 is in development)

1. Keep the legends. Fact of the matter is that the legends have their own appeal. Sure, there will always be those that can never play with old players, but when the game initially came out, there were those who dug the idea. 270,000 copies in the first week with stiff competition, no franchise, and a $60 price point is nothing to scoff at. Not only keep the legends, but ADD more legends. I would like to see 2K go all out with this idea. 200 more legends would be ideal in addition to the ones we had...leaning to more recent legends such as Deion Sanders, Jerome Bettis, Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp, Michael Strahan, etc.

2. Full fleged presentation. NBA2K9 opened the gates on this and now it's time for APF to take it to the next level. In game wise, more action shots, highlights, better, more exciting commentary, etc.

3. Expand online play. APF needs to play to it's strengths. Online was a major success for APF and they need to expand on this aspect. Make league and tournament titles mean something. Allow for Tournament/League creator to create a trophy that gamers can play for. When you win that trophy, it will go on your APF profile. In your APF profile, you will see tournament and league trophies online and offline, stats, VIP, and even your best created teams and saved highlights of them. There should also be a spectator mode and greater league flexibility in general.

4. In-depth offline mode. Probaly the biggest area APF needs to deliver on. I don't think a traditional franchise mode will work with legends. So they have to get creative with a long, engaging offline mode. Here is my idea:

-You are the owner of a new franchise (much like Blitz: The League). You are competing with other owners on who can generate the most money and sign the most stars. The better you do in games and tournaments, the more money you get and the more stars you sign. I would start a player out with 3 legends they can sign. A gold, silver, and bronze. The schedule wouldn't be a traditional schedule. It would be a series of tournaments and invitationals (like Golf and Tennis). You're success in tournaments can determine your income and your ability to sign stars. It won't be easy as CPU teams will try to load up their teams to and compete for stars with you. You also have to balance the generics on your team. You have to find out what generics have what skills as they also are in a wide FA pool.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

^^ loving the ideas man

How about Brett Favre as a coverboy?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

1. Generic NFL
2. Keep and add legends for generic classic teams. Rice and Montana on San Francisco 89'.
3. Franchise
4. Schedule editor
5. Stadium creator
6. Weekly prep,weekly wrap-up, crib,
7. Create a player on Madden level. Hair, towels , equipment,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Does it really matter anymore its a done deal and it has been for over 4 to 5 years now between all the licenses. Fact is we can't do anything about it, and majority of them have been extended.

Let's move on and focus on 2ksports and what they can do with a football game and not continues all the constant post going backwards on this whole exclusive crap. It's really time for people to move on!

Not just the above post but everyone. Get over it already the moment you do that, we can focus on coming up with ideas on what type of football game 2k can create that will satisfy all their fans and give us their play style again on the gridiron.
Yes it really matters.

I loved the NFL 2k series, and I don't throw the word "love" around too often.

It's ****ing pathetic, that EA can buyout one of my favorite things to do every summer: play GOOD video game football.

Money = human capital (quality, innovating, industry-gold standard developers)

When $1 Billion is dedicated to "buying out the competition" the money that used to be available for human capital is gone. So you're left with a reduced mediocre development staff.

I want a game, that plays good football. Not a game that has the expensive prime time TV commercials.

Even then, as frustrated as I am with the situation, I'd still buy Madden NFL if it was merely in the same league as NFL 2K5 and or AP2K8

Last edited by PlyrzNumber1; 03-30-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
Yes it really matters.

I loved the NFL 2k series, and I don't throw the word "love" around too often.

It's ****ing pathetic, that EA can buyout one of my favorite things to do every summer: play GOOD video game football.

Money = human capital (quality, innovating, industry-gold standard developers)

When $1 Billion is dedicated to "buying out the competition" the money that used to be available for human capital is gone. So you're left with a reduced mediocre development staff.

I want a game, that plays good football. Not a game that has the expensive prime time TV commercials.

Even then, as frustrated as I am with the situation, I'd still buy Madden NFL if it was merely in the same league as NFL 2K5 and or AP2K8
perfect example of a blah blah blah post!

It doesn't matter, yes you loved the NFL 2k series we all did. So ****ing what! We've been disappointed and mad about this license it solved nothing and changed nothing. 2ksports made APF 2k8 with limitations hoping to regain the license! Guess what, they were disappointed. License extend, enough of the bull**** hatred for EA, the NFL did this and the NFL never had any intentions on giving 2ksports the license back. Because Madden is a decade long franchise and they have money and public recognition.

2ksports football didn't get big publicity until it released at $20 and a game that cheap pissed the NFL commission off. And guess what, they fixed the problem by removing them for the license. They fixed it for the NFL's sake but not for the consumer.

Rinse and repeat this same statement as it's been the same since 2005.

It's 2009 get over it, we can't change it why keep dawning in the past with this same ole' I hate EA rant and the NFL was wrong blah, blah, blah! Yeah, Yeah! We got that 4 1/2 years ago.

Let's focus on the game at hand that they are and can create. All-Pro Football. How can they improve, and how can they comeback with a APF 2k10 and it not hold back so much of what we love?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
perfect example of a blah blah blah post!

It doesn't matter, yes you loved the NFL 2k series we all did. So ****ing what! We've been disappointed and mad about this license it solved nothing and changed nothing. 2ksports made APF 2k8 with limitations hoping to regain the license! Guess what, they were disappointed. License extend, enough of the bull**** hatred for EA, the NFL did this and the NFL never had any intentions on giving 2ksports the license back. Because Madden is a decade long franchise and they have money and public recognition.

2ksports football didn't get big publicity until it released at $20 and a game that cheap pissed the NFL commission off. And guess what, they fixed the problem by removing them for the license. They fixed it for the NFL's sake but not for the consumer.

Rinse and repeat this same statement as it's been the same since 2005.

It's 2009 get over it, we can't change it why keep dawning in the past with this same ole' I hate EA rant and the NFL was wrong blah, blah, blah! Yeah, Yeah! We got that 4 1/2 years ago.

Let's focus on the game at hand that they are and can create. All-Pro Football. How can they improve, and how can they comeback with a APF 2k10 and it not hold back so much of what we love?

Sorry man, but that is a perfect example of a "blah, blah, blah, post".

And 2k did NOT make APF to try to "get the license back". They made it because they realized, or thought, there would be a market for their idea.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

It really is depressing coming into these forums. The hope and the pride in these games shown by 2k fans really is staggering as far as a gaming fan base is concerned. I have no idea why companies would not look at these forums and say to themselves, "Well, we owe it to them to at least try to put out a 2k8 expansion with some of these ideas." But they won't. Gaming corporations do not care what is said in these forums, and the only way for another football game to be made and be made with some of these ideas is to somehow put this information and these forums in their hands and in front of their faces. Perhaps this forum can take that direction and we can try to find a way to show Take-Two, Visual Concepts, 2k, and who ever else needs to see. Us sitting here talking about a change is not going to get it for us, we need to reach out.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Banned

^^

Unfortunately man, the sales of APF were the dagger. It just simply did not sell well at all.

The problem with the entire situation is that 2k blamed the bad selling of APF on us (the consumers), because the turn out was just not there.

2k should blame the poor sales of the game on their marketing department. I LOVE 2k football, but they cannot market their games to save their lives. I thought they did a pretty good job with NBA 2k9 this year, but it is already very well established sales-wise and review-wise.

They need to release a fully customizable game that flaunts its customization options in a commercial for the game. The NFL Draft is the perfect place to display a commercial. That would get fans excited. You cannot show generic teams with old legends on them and expect it to appeal to the masses. They need to show a very very deep creator, perhaps uniform, stadium, field, logo creator and flaunt its customization.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »