Home

Hello APF, I'm back. I'm in football gaming limbo.

This is a discussion on Hello APF, I'm back. I'm in football gaming limbo. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Hello APF, I'm back. I'm in football gaming limbo.

Okay this would be fun. I think I'm going to generate a very basic, free ladder idea. Details to come this evening!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd would be down to play with some OSers. I'm not very good at them game. I havnt touched the game in awhile but I still love the game. I just got frustrated playing randoms online and bored with CPU games. My GT on XBL is boxboy99
Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
MVP

Okay these are preliminary terms. Keep in mind if I keep tally of games I don't want to put much time into this as I am busy enough with school, so this is going to be simple and laid back!

Ladder Format
- Legends only. ALL legends are acceptable. Want Rice and Campbell? DO IT! Let's just enjoy the game.
- Difficulty = whatever you want.
- Any game length with a minimum of 5 minute quarters. Accelerated clock is also optional. I know I'll be trying it in my games.
- Wins are worth 2 points
- Losses are worth -1 points. The system rewards involvement over pure W/L. If people really hate this we can just do straight up wins and losses.
- At the end of our "Ladder Season" we will have a playoff for the "Season Champion". I am thinking each season will last about 6 weeks, give or take.
- A minimum of 1 game per week must be played to not be pushed to the bottom of the ladder. Nobody will be booted, but less than 1 game per week (6 games) will probably leave you out of the tournament, even with 5 wins and 0 losses.
- The "Season Tournament" will play off the top 4-8 teams (depends on involvement).

Rules - very minimal.. just make sure we don't do the blatantly cheating stuff.
- no FG block glitch
- no quick snapping - clear rule: wait for "down set" and then can snap immediately. It is still quick, just not ridiculous.
- no low corner kickoffs. Directional kickoffs are fine, but none of that knuckleball to the corner junk
- no hot route corners to the wide side of the field. Everyone knows this is junk.
- no whining about gameplay or team builds.
- this is all for FUN! if it isn't fun don't do it.

Preliminary Interest List
CreatineKasey
boxboy99
NFLhitman
amedawg00
Wolves is Out
Rocky (sorry forgot XBL tag off top of my head)
Jingle Johnson
bmorerep87
sois
ASTL
DaPotent1

That's already 11 guys. It isn't supposed to be some kind of requirement... just something to play for and record for the fun of it. People shouldn't feel obligated to much, just know that less than 1 game/week will drop you to the bottom of the ladder... which is only fair.

In terms of HOW to set up and report games: Just schedule a time, play it, and report it on here. We may have a self report system or just post it and I'll keep tally on the 1st post of a leaderboard thread.

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 10-07-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Okay these are preliminary terms. Keep in mind if I keep tally of games I don't want to put much time into this as I am busy enough with school, so this is going to be simple and laid back!

Ladder Format
- Legends only. ALL legends are acceptable. Want Rice and Campbell? DO IT! Let's just enjoy the game.
- Difficulty = whatever you want.
- Any game length with a minimum of 5 minute quarters. Accelerated clock is also optional. I know I'll be trying it in my games.
- Wins are worth 2 points
- Losses are worth -1 points. The system rewards involvement over pure W/L. If people really hate this we can just do straight up wins and losses.
- At the end of our "Ladder Season" we will have a playoff for the "Season Champion". I am thinking each season will last about 6 weeks, give or take.
- A minimum of 1 game per week must be played to not be pushed to the bottom of the ladder. Nobody will be booted, but less than 1 game per week (6 games) will probably leave you out of the tournament, even with 5 wins and 0 losses.
- The "Season Tournament" will play off the top 4-8 teams (depends on involvement).

Rules - very minimal.. just make sure we don't do the blatantly cheating stuff.
- no FG block glitch
- no quick snapping - clear rule: wait for "down set" and then can snap immediately. It is still quick, just not ridiculous.
- no low corner kickoffs. Directional kickoffs are fine, but none of that knuckleball to the corner junk
- no hot route corners to the wide side of the field. Everyone knows this is junk.
- no whining about gameplay or team builds.
- this is all for FUN! if it isn't fun don't do it.

Preliminary Interest List
CreatineKasey
boxboy99
NFLhitman
amedawg00
Wolves is Out
Rocky (sorry forgot XBL tag off top of my head)
Jingle Johnson
bmorerep87
sois
ASTL
DaPotent1

That's already 11 guys. It isn't supposed to be some kind of requirement... just something to play for and record for the fun of it. People shouldn't feel obligated to much, just know that less than 1 game/week will drop you to the bottom of the ladder... which is only fair.

In terms of HOW to set up and report games: Just schedule a time, play it, and report it on here. We may have a self report system or just post it and I'll keep tally on the 1st post of a leaderboard thread.
I love it! Get this set up with its own thread and maybe under the Online part.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #21
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

ducetrey1 is my GT.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Hey Sois,

Count me in. I haven't had much time to game in the last month or so, and I am WAY out of practice, but I would love to play. 2k football rules.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Sure I'll play.

Tried to get in a 32-team NFL league before the season started but it folded before it could get off the ground.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #24
MVP

To everyone who mentioned APF interest in this thread:

I made an OS APF Ladder Information thread in the APF Online section. Check it out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »