Home

Player Rating Categories

This is a discussion on Player Rating Categories within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Rating Categories

I'm trying to make a QB with a strong throwing arm, but with awful accuracy (don't ask). I've learned there's more that factors into arm strength than just "Pass Power." Problem is I don't know what yet.

Lvl 2 charged w/ Rocket Arm definitely helps, but when the QB throws a no-charge normal spiral, it's awfully slow, despite 7A (122) arm str and 70 (112) normal strength. He's a bronze QB, but star quality shouldn't matter if stars are stat-dependent to begin with, right? The QB has no other abilities.

My guess is either one of these four must also factor into strength:
- pass accuracy
- read coverage (?)
- composure (?)
- consistency (?)

Edit: It's not consistency (?) or composure (?). In fact, neither seemed to do much of anything, low or high. What do they both really do for QB's anyways?

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah I really hate the "charge" special moves in this game.

The one thing Madden has right is that all the special moves are instantaneous.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
Rookie

Btw, I'm convinced the normal strength attribute has no bearing on arm strength. One of my created gold QB's had 0A (10 decimal) str, yet throws like a demon.

Also, wEEman, on your 3rd last attribute, what do you mean by "all 99's" ? I'm looking at my stat for different players and it doesn't match 99, if that's what you mean.

Edit: I think there's more to "read coverage (?)" than meets the eye. I raised it and my QB is now throwing the no-charge spirals harder. There still not perfect though. I'm going to try maxing pass accuracy and see what happens.

Edit #2: I think that may have helped his throwing, but now he's too damn accurate, lol. I want him to be inaccurate, but a strong thrower, not both at once. I'm beginning to think there's only so much edited stats will do for a player. At the end of the day, they need abilities. Abilities must unlock certain hidden potentials or AI features that stats simply cannot do (ex. Pocket Presence).

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-23-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

You have a question mark next to jumping, but that is correct.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

which blocks do you look for to see individual attributes you mentioned on this thread?

All Pro Ladder Record 4-1
Old 02-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #14
Rookie

I believe i have finally figured out how the player tiers,abilities and ratings work. Try some testing yourself to see if this theory is right.

1. Tiers and Position determine created player starting ratings. A Gold CB will start with 90 speed. Silver will be 85 and Bronze will be 80. Position also matters because a Gold QB will not have 90 speed but will have 90 Throwing Power and Accuracy.

2. Abilities increase ratings related to the ability. Speed Burner will increase Gold CB speed to 95 etc... Some abilities affect ratings only in certain situations. Clutch ability will increase all important position ratings by X points during the specific situation. Our Gold CB position ratings like speed may increase to 99 during Clutch situations like 3rd down or Red Zone defense.

3. There is a maximum rating number and if you hex edit a player over this number the rating starts over again. Also you have to leave room for abilities to add to the ratings or the player rating will go negative. Here is an example. A Gold CB we hex edit to 127 decimal (7F) speed. we also give him speed burner and clutch. If the true max rating is 127 and we use him in a game the Speed Burner ability will increase the rating to 132. He will play like he has 5 speed because the rating reverts to zero and starts over.

I think this explains some of what happens if you get to greedy and max ratings and abilities. The big question is what is the true max rating. If it is 127 (7F) the we need to put a lower number in to account for abilities.

I think the max is 127 ,but in hex editing the max is 99. I think this accounts for ability ratings boost. The basic game mechanics and numbers are the same as 2K5. The abilities are just boosters for ratings.

Tell me what you think. Am I crazy or what?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness85
3. There is a maximum rating number and if you hex edit a player over this number the rating starts over again. Also you have to leave room for abilities to add to the ratings or the player rating will go negative. Here is an example. A Gold CB we hex edit to 127 decimal (7F) speed. we also give him speed burner and clutch. If the true max rating is 127 and we use him in a game the Speed Burner ability will increase the rating to 132. He will play like he has 5 speed because the rating reverts to zero and starts over.

I think this explains some of what happens if you get to greedy and max ratings and abilities. The big question is what is the true max rating. If it is 127 (7F) the we need to put a lower number in to account for abilities.

I think the max is 127 ,but in hex editing the max is 99. I think this accounts for ability ratings boost. The basic game mechanics and numbers are the same as 2K5. The abilities are just boosters for ratings.

Ahh, that would explain my bronze QB issue then. I gave him max edited hex strength WITH the str boost of an ability. When lowering his strength value, I was confused why his strength had improved. It's because I had lowered it enough so that the str ability doesn't surpass the max str attribute.

I'll have to test this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness85
I believe i have finally figured out how the player tiers,abilities and ratings work. Try some testing yourself to see if this theory is right.

1. Tiers and Position determine created player starting ratings. A Gold CB will start with 90 speed. Silver will be 85 and Bronze will be 80. Position also matters because a Gold QB will not have 90 speed but will have 90 Throwing Power and Accuracy.

2. Abilities increase ratings related to the ability. Speed Burner will increase Gold CB speed to 95 etc... Some abilities affect ratings only in certain situations. Clutch ability will increase all important position ratings by X points during the specific situation. Our Gold CB position ratings like speed may increase to 99 during Clutch situations like 3rd down or Red Zone defense.

that is a really interesting find

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »