Home

I UNLOCKED THE CPU TEAMS

This is a discussion on I UNLOCKED THE CPU TEAMS within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I UNLOCKED THE CPU TEAMS

Okay here is a screenshot of how it's done. The red 02 must always be 02 and the 06 03 can be one of these:
06 03
03 03
04 03
02 03
00 03
04 03
04 03
00 03

I don't know what the difference is with those numbers but that's what codes the created teams have. The first CPU team (Americans) is at 000C9132 and the first created team is at 000CC132. You will see the format is the same all the way down. If you are using hexHD the length is 1A from the offset for the 02 code and 23 for the 06 03 etc codes.

When I tried to unlock a 9th team, they didn't have any players and the practice field was just the ball and when I hiked it, the game froze. So it may still be an 8 team limit, but the teams will have 42 different players on each team. As far as playbooks they change for the controlled team, but the CPU version of the team doesn't change.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (90.4 KB, 393 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

I figured going past 8 teams would cause problems in the same way adding more than 11 stars to a team causes the game to freeze. It really sucks about the playbooks and substitutions though. I still feel that those CPU playbooks are in that roster fill somewhere. It was a good discovery though. Hopefully, more testing will reveal better results.

Last edited by theDude47; 12-30-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Rookie

The subs/ depth chart changes work for the cpu team, it's just the playbooks don't. Here is the code for the 3-4 on a created team, you can see if you find something similar
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (89.8 KB, 301 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

So the user-team limit is still 8 teams per roster file?

Bummer, looks like APF just isn't coded to allow more than that without freezing up.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
Rookie

Good news I found out how to change the playbooks, and it was in our face the whole time It's where the NFL teams are listed. oFFSET; 23395F. You have to switch them like paste over them, you can't change individual plays though, at least I don't think but if you change O-Shotgun to O.-.T.w.o.B.a.c.k the gunslingers and Ironmen will have the two back playbook. I'm gonna create a user playbook and then paste it over the others to see if that changes them. The user playbook is U.S.E.R.-.o and U.S.E.R.-.d. They have to be the same length in characters too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (99.5 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by AVONFTW; 01-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVONFTW
Good news I found out how to change the playbooks, and it was in our face the whole time It's where the NFL teams are listed. oFFSET; 23395F. You have to switch them like paste over them, you can't change individual plays though, at least I don't think but if you change O-Shotgun to O.-.T.w.o.B.a.c.k the gunslingers and Ironmen will have the two back playbook. I'm gonna create a user playbook and then paste it over the others to see if that changes them. The user playbook is U.S.E.R.-.o and U.S.E.R.-.d. They have to be the same length in characters too.
Let me get this straight. You just have to change the name of the playbook? Wow, that seems really easy.

Two more things: Have you tried pasting one of the NFL team names over one of the playbooks (ie. O-Shotgun to O-Titans)? Also, is there only one user offensive and defensive playbook listed?

Edit** I bet the User playbook is the base playbook that is set up when you first create a team. Either way, that would be a big improvement for some teams to have a playbook like that.

Last edited by theDude47; 01-03-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
Rookie

Yeah all you gotta do is change the name but it looks like they must match up in number of characters. I'll try a space. As far as putting a NFl name over the playbook, I just tried it and the game froze in the practice screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVONFTW
Yeah all you gotta do is change the name but it looks like they must match up in number of characters. I'll try a space. As far as putting a NFl name over the playbook, I just tried it and the game froze in the practice screen.
Hmm...Makes you wonder those NFL names are there then.

So, you haven't pasted the USER playbook over the other playbooks yet? I bet it causes the game to freeze.

Edit** It looks like the types are:
Singleback 3WR
Singleback Ace
Two Back
Shotgun
West Coast
Man Block
Zone Block
General* (it's listed, but don't know if you can use it)
34 Base
34 Zone Blitz
43 Cover 2
43 Blitz

I also think that certain teams are linked with the same playbook (Iron Men and Gunslingers, etc.) That sucks a little bit unless we can change how they are linked just link player names.

Last edited by theDude47; 01-03-2012 at 04:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »