Home

Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

This is a discussion on Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
Lofton=gold
Ah, my mistake. Please substitute Charley Taylor and/or Bobby Mitchell for HOF WRs who are silver in the game.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #10
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Not every hall of famer should be a gold, that's like saying every other linebacker in the hall was as good as Lawrence Taylor, or Lofton is as good as Jerry Rice.

Dorsett played on a stacked Cowboys team. Defenses had to give something up to stop their offense. Dorsett was great but I think silver best exemplifies him. As for Hershal, he was a very good college player and was put on teams in the NFL and USFL where he was the offense. Unfortunately he was not of the caliber of some other backs that were able to be dominant even though they were the only threat on offense for their team (O.J. for example). Also Walker was hurt several times duting his career and played through injuries and could not overcome them. Billy Sims is a silver and I believe they had comparable careers. Simms was a great college back as well and was very good for a few years before injury ended his career early.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Walker is almost certainly silver.

He is in the league's all-time top 50 in FIVE statistical categories. Rushes, Rush Yards, Rush TDs, Yards from Scrimmage, and Rushing/Receiving TDs. This tops both Roger Craig (Silver) who makes it in only three categories and Freeman McNeil (Bronze) who also makes it in three. Natrone Means, Floyd Little and Christian Okoye are not in the top 50 in ANY categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking Re: Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker

wow guys! i really appreciate all of your feedback. I was considering making them both silver... I try to find footage of these guys ala youtube but all i found was the 99 yard run by dorsett (awesome btw) and montages of herschel in college tearing up the field. i definately want to give herschel speed burner. maybe i should give dorsett break away burst?

it almost strikes me as the guys at 2K view pro bowl appearances as one of their guidelines for the player rankings...

like Marcus Allen

6-time Pro Bowler: 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1993

Ricky Watters (silver)

5-time Pro Bowler: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996

Roger Craig (silver)

4-time Pro Bowler: 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989

Chris Warren (silver)

3-time Pro Bowler: 1993, 1994, 1995

Curt Warner (silver)

3-time Pro Bowler: 1983, 1986, 1987

Christian Okoye (bronze)

2-time Pro Bowler: 1989, 1991

Natrone Means

1-time Pro Bowler: 1994

Personally, I don't see Warren in the same league as Craig (but I could be biased since im a niner fan )
Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, if you're going to bump Herschel up a level b/c of his great college career, you should make Dorsett a Gold for sure. At Pitt, he was a FOUR time all-american, won a Heisman and a title, and held the career rushing record for over 20 years until Ricky Williams passed him. And then went on to dominate the pros. I'm just saying...
Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I feel you Autoproxy...

I wasn't going to go based on either of their college careers, but I was surprised to see that all they had available on youtube was college highlights for herschel. I actually found more clips on Robert Smith (who I recently made). It's almost like I will have to give players ratings based on how many skills I feel they should have.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #15
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Not every hall of famer should be a gold, that's like saying every other linebacker in the hall was as good as Lawrence Taylor, or Lofton is as good as Jerry Rice.

Dorsett played on a stacked Cowboys team. Defenses had to give something up to stop their offense. Dorsett was great but I think silver best exemplifies him. As for Hershal, he was a very good college player and was put on teams in the NFL and USFL where he was the offense. Unfortunately he was not of the caliber of some other backs that were able to be dominant even though they were the only threat on offense for their team (O.J. for example). Also Walker was hurt several times duting his career and played through injuries and could not overcome them. Billy Sims is a silver and I believe they had comparable careers. Simms was a great college back as well and was very good for a few years before injury ended his career early.
It just seems like every great back who played on a winning team gets the "O he had a great line BS"...in his day who was better??... He a gold.. 9 straight 1000 yards seasons and in the strike year he had what 800-900 yrds..

Dorsett was a beast, a lil guy with a big heart.. 180 lbs running back that flew to the hole and had the speed to break big gains..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Dorsett is one of the best running backs in NFL history and he is definetely a GOLD. It's a no brainer. Anyone who makes him anything less than a gold shouldnt be creating players.

Walker should be silver.

as far as attributes, personally i would give Dorsett "speed burner", "finesse", and "quick feet"...i would give Walker "branching tackles", and "stamina bonus"

Last edited by ZB9; 09-03-2007 at 11:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »