Home

2010 Detroit Lions with edited generics

This is a discussion on 2010 Detroit Lions with edited generics within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
2010 Detroit Lions with edited generics

v3 is complete!

You can now take this team online and the edited generics won't make the game freeze!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9TEOVMC

Every generic player that takes the field for you will now be a real player. Even special teams!

The team name now appears as "Lions" instead of "Lynx"!

Known Glitches

3 players have messed up first names:

OLB - Carpenter
DE - Jackson
FS - Phillips

For some reason they are glitched, and I cannot figure out how to fix them.

Edited generics with incorrect announcer names

You will notice edited generics have their original generic's name called on the field. I have not found a solution to this.

Things you shouldn't change

Don't change tier, position or abilities for the CAPs on this roster. It will cause them to lose their edited abilities.

Exceptions:

DT - Suh
WR - Johnson
QB - Stafford

Those CAPs can be changed without messing up anything.

Do not edit the team!

If you go into the team manager and make any edits to the team, the generics will reset.

You can, however, safely edit playbooks, depth chart, and substitutions.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-25-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2010 Detroit Lions with edited generics

I'm not able to get your file to work. I've tried just copying the .ROS file to my USB stick and transferring it to my HDD. The game doesn't recognize the file (i.e., it doesn't show up within All-Pro 2K8 as a file that can be loaded). I've also tried using Modio to attach my Profile and Device IDs to the file and then transfer it to the USB as above. Still no luck.

Are you able to save your Lions team as a season file (i.e., .FXG instead of .ROS) that you can share?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

File loaded for me, good work.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Worked for me too. Nice work.
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Here is a season file I just made if guys are having trouble with the roster:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYFHKXS2

You'll note in both of these files there are a few edited generics with glitched first names (DE - Jackson and OLB - Carpenter).

I am not sure what caused this glitch or how to fix it. It basically takes whatever you enter for their first name and adds it to the end of their last name, so I just left first name blank.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-03-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm not sure what my problem is but I can't get either the .ROS or the .FXG file to work. The .ROS isn't recognized in-game and the .FXG gives an "unable to load from the HDD" error. I must be making some basic mistake with the transfer from my PC to the USB drive. Sorry to be a pain but could one of the guys who was able to load provide a quick walkthrough? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

When saving the download, are you renaming the file something other than "Roster.ROS"?

I have gotten the error you described before, but it was only when I tried to name the roster file something other than "Roster.ROS"

What happend to me was that the roster file would show up when looking at my USB drive on the Xbox dashboard, but once I got inside the game and tried to load it, APF said "file could not be found."

Last edited by jyoung; 01-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Got it to work! I updated USB Xtaf Gui to version 44 and it presented me with a different directory structure than before. So I guess previously I was saving the .ROS into the wrong folder because the right folder wasn't showing up (to answer your question, I was downloading it with no name changes). Thanks for the help and sorry I was a bit slow on the uptake.

Great work on the roster. So for some of the names (e.g., Suh), are you choosing a first name from the commentator list so that announcers can say everyone's name? I ask because I play with the announcers off.

Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »