Home

Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update) within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #73
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
re: Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Okay guys, I ran an initial test using Finn's editor.

I took a created team and pumped off their offensive starters ratings to for every rating, with the exception of lineman, who were bumped up to 95.

For its opponent (the team I would use), I lowered the defense lineman ratings to 10. I set linebackers at 60 and all CB/S at 65.

I was trying to use a relatively extreme case to see if I could get the CPU offense to be competent. I'd tried half a game previously with the defensive line at 50 for all ratings, and they STILL got five sacks in a half.

Well, this time was different. Even using 5-minute quarters, I was behind 34-3 at half, and the CPU had 295 yards total offense. No interceptions. No sacks.

I did limit myself to using Cover 2 zones, but I was doing that in previous test games, too.

The CPU QB, with more time to throw, was throwing many more intermediate passes, and he even threw a bomb (the first one I've seen).

There are certainly A.I. issues with the shipping version of the game, but it certainly looks like we can use ratings adjustments to "fix" some of them.

I'm going to copy two existing teams, just modify and DL/OL ratings, and see how the game plays. I'd like to make the fewest changes possible to get a well-played game.
Thanks bBillharris, please let us know how it goes. I am waiting to hear some results from the editing before I try to take on the editor stuff myself(no skills).
Old 06-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #74
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Can someone please PM with the answer to my questions or answer them here. Thanks.

1. If I download a NFL roster and edit it then put it on my 360, will it replace my already created teams? Do I need to open it up under another gamertag to keep it from replacing them?

2. So, we can only edit 12 teams currently?

3. After you edit the ratings and put it back into the game, did the team rating change? Also did the number of golds change and description of the team change?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 11

Okay, guys, if you want to play the game more than you want to edit rosters, just lower the ratings of all the defensive lineman on your created team to 10 for each rating category.

When you play against the CPU, that will give the CPU QB much more time to pass, and it's pretty shocking how much better they are when they have time to throw. Plus the CPU OL actually can get a push forward now on running plays.

It's not ideal (that would require much, much more editing), but it really changes how the game plays in a positive way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #76
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Okay, guys, if you want to play the game more than you want to edit rosters, just lower the ratings of all the defensive lineman on your created team to 10 for each rating category.

When you play against the CPU, that will give the CPU QB much more time to pass, and it's pretty shocking how much better they are when they have time to throw. Plus the CPU OL actually can get a push forward now on running plays.

It's not ideal (that would require much, much more editing), but it really changes how the game plays in a positive way.
Thanks Bill,
loved using your 2k5 sliders as well and also must say your reviews are the best,most informative reads around.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #77
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:

I see some more 2k5ish lab type sessions in my near futrue.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Thanks. After these edits, are you finding that the computer is still throwing a lot of INT's???
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #79
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Bill,

What were your games like pre-edit? Was the CPU able to drive on you at all or were you regularly holding them to very low yardage.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

I played another game with the 2 teams I did and the cpu qb play was still much better. I played on pro, medium, form set to very good. Rodgers went 9 of 16 for 140 yards 1 TD and 2 int's. The cpu running game did not get going though as Grant averaged less than 1 yard per carry.

I was effective with Cutler and limited my INT's to 2 for a combined total of 4 for a game. Not bad. Forte was able to rush for 125 yards on 25 carries. Overall I felt pretty good with my numbers but felt the cpu needed a bump in the running game.

So far the only attributes I modified was lowering Agility on all defensive players. My line of thinking was that agility would have an effect on their reaction time as well as their ability to change directions quickly without nerfing their speed and strength or taking away from their already suspect AI by reducing their focus.

At this point I'm pretty happy with those results but am ready to start making slight adjustments to OL strength (increase) and DL strength (decrease). With the Hawks on tonight there's no way I'm doing it until at least tomorrow.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »