Home

Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN

This is a discussion on Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Backbreaker SHE HAS RISEN

I just hope they release it at some point. I was not a huge fan of blitz the league, but at least I had fun for a while with it because it was different than anything else available.

I just want a different take on American football. I love 2k5 and APF and I am playing Madden 10 too, but those games have been basically the same for years with feature updates every year.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

Ummm hello........that's what sports game are and always have been, regardless of the developer. An engine is developed and refined over the course of a console life cycle by way of tweaks and "feature updates". You're applying non-sports game dev logic and it's not applicable to sports games. There's a reason why the best reviewed non-sports titles take years of development......and even then they're full of bugs and clunky controls. GTA IV is a prime example.

Personally, I also believe this thing is only being developed to be sold to a dev like EA or another big boy on the block. And from what i've seen the only buzz thing is generating is because of the rag doll physics. Unfortunately for this tech, football players in real life don't turn into lifeless rag dolls when they're hit.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #27
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Ummm hello........that's what sports game are and always have been, regardless of the developer. An engine is developed and refined over the course of a console life cycle by way of tweaks and "feature updates". You're applying non-sports game dev logic and it's not applicable to sports games. There's a reason why the best reviewed non-sports titles take years of development......and even then they're full of bugs and clunky controls. GTA IV is a prime example.

Personally, I also believe this thing is only being developed to be sold to a dev like EA or another big boy on the block. And from what i've seen the only buzz thing is generating is because of the rag doll physics. Unfortunately for this tech, football players in real life don't turn into lifeless rag dolls when they're hit.
I understand how games are made dude thanks for the crash course... lol.

My point was that I would like to see another company make a football game. A new fresh take would be good, will it have the polish that EA/2k games have? Of course not, but I like seeing new things every once in a while. And there always the LONG SHOT that a football game made by somebody other than 2k/EA could bring some kinda of breakthrough to the table that could revolutionize video game football for the better.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

The only thing weirder than the cultish following of this game is the core of people who go into every BB thread and try to depress everyone's expectations and in general attempt to be debbie downers. Every thread, the same people. We get it, you'll believe it when you see it.

God forbid people be excited about a football game that isn't going to be the same ole crap EA is feeding us as a football game.

Some people are excited for the game simply because it looks fun to run around with the ball. Some people don't care if it's not NFL. Some people don't care if it is even 11 v 11 football. Some people just think the damn thing looks fun. So I don't get the debbie downers in every thread saying "well it doesn't do this" or "we haven't even seen 11 v 11 yet." The game isn't for you, stay the **** out
Old 10-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 31

I am amazed how little sports games there are out there. Instead of big budget licensed games I thought there would be a whole lot games nowadays. Some like baseball simulator or mutant league....but there are none but the licensed games.

I hope for more innovative sports games. This may be one.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #30
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

Even if they just developed it to sell it to EA or somebody, it's great that we have a engine that takes physic into account with no gimmicks. Alot of people are doubting this game, the same way I doubt madden. Game is going to be great, at least I hope. Could you imagine the Euphoria engine in NCAA football 2k11???? or whenever their license ends.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 AM   #31
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

this game is a project that 2-3 guys have been working on and there hopes is someone buys it rather than them being the actual game distributer otherwise it prolly would have been released by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #32
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
go do some homework
This.

Better do some extra studying too while you're at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »