Home

What do you think will happen after the intial release of Backbreaker?

This is a discussion on What do you think will happen after the intial release of Backbreaker? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What will be the future of BackBreaker
It will be a one and done deal but still be a good game 45 41.28%
505 Games will Produce a sequel to Backbreaker with improved features 44 40.37%
Madden Will buy out the Euphoria Engine and apply it to a new game 20 18.35%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #57
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: What do you think will happen after the intial release of Backbreaker?

I predict it'll be too arcade and everyone here will dislike it...

Do we really think the devs would tell us that it's actually more arcade? Honestly? The hardcore sports fan is the only gaming segment that they know will 100% purchase, so why disappoint them before release?

Keeping my expectations low...I know everyone expecting a "Madden Killer" will be pissed beyond belief, because IMO that's too much to ask.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #58
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
Wow, talk about fanboy...

Madden crushed everything because of the NFL license... Not because its a good game. lol.

You seem to know more about the game than we do. The players are robots? No strategy? Can you give us the source of your info?

No? Then quit spewing out random crap and form an actual argument based on FACTS as to why this game will fail. If you can't, then be quiet. No one wants to hear that garbage

No, I will not quit spewing out random crap, O ill voice my opinion *****, and you will listen. Not a fanboy as you say, thats all you can come up with everytime somebody likes madden. Why are you on me because I love madden,. Look at the damn video of backbreaker, I dont want some game thT is going to be another blitz, NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS *****, YOU ILL LISTEN BECAUSE I WILL CONTINUE TO VOICE MY IOPINION, DO YOU UNDERSTAND

GO MADDEN
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
No, I will not quit spewing out random crap, O ill voice my opinion *****, and you will listen. Not a fanboy as you say, thats all you can come up with everytime somebody likes madden. Why are you on me because I love madden,. Look at the damn video of backbreaker, I dont want some game thT is going to be another blitz, NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS *****, YOU ILL LISTEN BECAUSE I WILL CONTINUE TO VOICE MY IOPINION, DO YOU UNDERSTAND

GO MADDEN
Why are people allowed to make posts like this in the Backbreaker forum when it would be considered trolling in every other forum and worthy of an infraction?

Honestly if you can't post something constructive or post in a way that actually makes a logical point than you shouldn't be posting. Nobody wants to read that kind of post. You might want to lay off the caps lock as well.

Anyways to get back to the topic I not really sure what will happen after release. I could very easily see any of the three scenarios playing out. My bet if the game turns out to be good is EA may very well try to buy the engine provided the game sells decent as well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 02-14-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

backbreaker will be a great game. the developers seem to really care about what the fans have to say and are paying close attention to many of the details that madden seems to lack. so many people complain about madden and its many flaws but since its the only football game available we have been forced to buy it but thankfully this year we have a choice and that choice is backbreaker. its up to the people that are sick and tired of madden to voice their opinions and advertise backbreaker as much as they can to increase awareness of its existence. once its released if it has a smooth addictive style of play and the customization options are solid this game could sell more than expected just through good reviews and word of mouth from gamers who enjoy it.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #61
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Why are people allowed to make posts like this in the Backbreaker forum when it would be considered trolling in every other forum and worthy of an infraction?

Honestly if you can't post something constructive or post in a way that actually makes a logical point than you shouldn't be posting. Nobody wants to read that kind of post. You might want to lay off the caps lock as well.

Anyways to get back to the topic I not really sure what will happen after release. I could very easily see any of the three scenarios playing out. My bet if the game turns out to be good is EA may very well try to buy the engine provided the game sells decent as well.

Look at the videos, are you guys telling me this is football? cmon, space football

Not seeing it, although another great football game would be nice!

Last edited by IRISHFBFAN1; 02-15-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #62
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Listen guys, would I like to see Backbreaker make it, YES, that means another football game, hell yea! But seriously, cmon look at the Videos, look at the gear, look at the models, what about playbooks? Its all about strategy for me. SIM is important, but thats me. I don't want another NFL BLITZ! And I think that is what we are getting here with better animations, and I am not so sure if the models are the same as blitz as far as the graphics go. I want this game to work, and maybe I am downing it hoping that I will be wrong, I hope I am dead wrong but I just do not see it. I love MADDEN, and I get tired of people bashing the game. I bash backbreaker and all hell breaks loose! You guys say anything you want about NCAA and Madden and knowbody cries to the mods about infraction points.

You say what you want about me and madden. I don't run and tattle tale, I fight my fights. Ys I want backbreaker to be a success but in my heart, and I think all of you deep down inside know that this will be like so many other spacelike epic fails.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:05 AM   #63
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I like Madden too, so there is where you fail first. But I will continue.

Madden has a basis to bash on... There are FUNDAMENTAL flaws with the game as I am sure you have heard/seen.

You keep talking about sim and strategy, yet we know NOTHING about that aspect of this game.

That is why you are a fanboy. Because you bash this game with NO fact behind it (except the player models which is an opinion), and then you hail a game which does have facts to show it is fundamentaly flawed.

---------------------------------

EA could buy the engine sure, but there could still be a BB 2 because you cannot own exclusivity to Euphoria
Old 02-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 3

if madden is such a great game why is there a petition online to reverse ea's exclusive nfl license that is signed by over 20,000 people? i mean the fanboys make madden seem likes its so great and all but 20,000 people disagree? Reverse The Exclusive Licensing from the NFL and NFLPA to EA Games Petition

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »