Home

Face shields and gloves on all players

This is a discussion on Face shields and gloves on all players within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Face shields and gloves on all players

I noticed Every player has the dark face shield and also all have the same gloves.

Anyone know if every player is going to have the same gear etc. Right now QB's look just like the linemen. I figure the face shield keep from having to generate faces for all the players?

Looking forward to seeing this game, but I hope Backbreaker learned from 2K sports that if you don't hit it out of the park with the first game, there will be little support to do another one. Even though 2K8 was so good on so many levels.

So far my opinion is that the graphics still look like beta type production. No where near Madden or 2K8 yet...

My fingers are crossed that this game is going to blow us all away but I'm starting to have serious doubts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Face shields and gloves on all players

As long as the core gameplay is awesome I can overlook the gear for the first version.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 01-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

I speculated on this on the BB boards, I think that it's likely that the devs created all the players based on one template so as to make it easier for them to create a large number of players.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I hope that it is just early and the players will have different looks to themselves.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Its not early. The game will be released on May 18, 2010 according to the publisher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

As of right now all the players models look the same for this time around. the focus mainly on gameplay and the engine in this game. I am sure if the game is a complete success then the next BB game will be aloot better on player models. But for this time around the focus was mainly on the gamepplay to try and make it successful for them so fans want more.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
As of right now all the players models look the same for this time around. the focus mainly on gameplay and the engine in this game. I am sure if the game is a complete success then the next BB game will be aloot better on player models. But for this time around the focus was mainly on the gamepplay to try and make it successful for them so fans want more.
You mean someone is making a football game where the focus is not on single player unique cleated shoes, mouth guards, hand towels and little emblems for certain events like the Super Bowl and Pro Bowls, and focused on playability... Yuk! Count me out! I'm kidding of course... I just want playability above all else and have been asking for this from Madden for ever... All the cosmetic stuff doesn't matter if the game doesn't play well... If this has a solid engine, eventualy they could start making linemen and wide receiver models and stuff... But I'd rather see a skinnier lineman behaving like a real lineman, then a fat highly detailed player that doesn't...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »