Home

Its the Small Things (Video)

This is a discussion on Its the Small Things (Video) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Its the Small Things (Video)

I made an extra slo-mo video thats with good quality that you can REALLY see the tiny things going on.

Everyone point out the small details you see in this video. The music is from Explosions in the Sky, the band that did the soundtrack for Friday Night Lights. Enjoy.

dev diary 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLC9tgomVTo
dev diary 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0wOTmzTo0Q

0:30 the ball bounces of his chest into his hands and you can see how the catch is made.
0:38 the guy grabs his thigh and pulls it, causing him to fall
1:35 he puts his hand on the defensive players shoulder and it looks awesome

What else?!

Last edited by adamgod8; 02-22-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Its the Small Things (Video)

At 1:33 the HB actually puts his hand on number 58 as he jukes to the right to avoid the tackle

At 2:00 mark during the gang tackle, you can see that the HB keeps pumping his legs and drives through the defender and is only stopped because someone gets blocked into him and his legs leave the ground
Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

As the HB is extending his arm across the goal, the defenders fingers run over the face-mask and are displaced accordingly.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

At 1:43 the defender actually grabs for the ball from the RB when he mises the tackle but gets his hand on the ball... HOLY ****!

At 4:28, you actually see the receiver tap his second foot in bounds...

I also know what the QB animation has wrong... The reason it bothers everyone. The front shoulder flies open too soon. If they fixed that, it would look perfect.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63

I also know what the QB animation has wrong... The reason it bothers everyone. The front shoulder flies open too soon. If they fixed that, it would look perfect.
Also I noticed the non throwing hand is down. Most quarter backs keep it closer to the ball. If they fixed that I think it would look alot better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
At 1:33 the HB actually puts his hand on number 58 as he jukes to the right to avoid the tackle

At 2:00 mark during the gang tackle, you can see that the HB keeps pumping his legs and drives through the defender and is only stopped because someone gets blocked into him and his legs leave the ground
Yet but yet this is the problem with this engine as you can see at 1:35 where the Defense player never tried diving at the runner are did anything to stop him. That is where it worries me about BB at this point as how the AI is going to react and all. All these little videos here and there and all the smoke and mirrors aiin't getting past me. All the new graphics in the world will not matter unless the AI reacts very well to it. This is why I say with 3 months left that they really need to put out a live gameplay video of the game in action instead of all of these mini videos of tackle alley. People want to see actual game footage and no more of this bull they are giving us.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yet but yet this is the problem with this engine as you can see at 1:35 where the Defense player never tried diving at the runner are did anything to stop him. That is where it worries me about BB at this point as how the AI is going to react and all. All these little videos here and there and all the smoke and mirrors aiin't getting past me. All the new graphics in the world will not matter unless the AI reacts very well to it. This is why I say with 3 months left that they really need to put out a live gameplay video of the game in action instead of all of these mini videos of tackle alley. People want to see actual game footage and no more of this bull they are giving us.
WTF are you talking about tackle alley? We haven't seen a tackle alley video in over 2 years? Ever think that at 1:35 that it was a USER-controlled player? Of course you didn't because you just want to bash this game so please leave.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
WTF are you talking about tackle alley? We haven't seen a tackle alley video in over 2 years? Ever think that at 1:35 that it was a USER-controlled player? Of course you didn't because you just want to bash this game so please leave.
Dude please chill out. I ain't bashing nothing. I am just giving my opinion ok. There is nothing wrong with my opinion is there. Please just calm down ok. I think the game from a graphic wise looks great. I got to admit that. But with no live footage of gamplay with 3 months left before release it is hard to get excited about a game we hardly know about except about tackle alley. Ok bro. Don't make a big fuse about it ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »