Home

Backbreaker won't have injuries.

This is a discussion on Backbreaker won't have injuries. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Backbreaker won't have injuries.

No injuries = FAIL.

How can you release a game without injuries and expect people to take it seriously. BB was already at a disadvantage without the license. Now they want to release the game without injuries.

Is this game being released for Nintendo ? Is this 1988 ? I can't remember a sports game that didn't have injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Backbreaker won't have injuries.

yeah because they mean so much in madden live and 2k10
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
yeah because they mean so much in madden live and 2k10
So you're fine without having injuries ? What's the point of depth in franchise without injuries.

Why even touch franchise mode ?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

i just told you i cant Think of one Game that injurys play a roll do it matter when all play play the same madden 10 . One guy gets hurt drew So what put in the next guy no Drop off . you also seem to be trolling today.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
i just told you i cant Think of one Game that injurys play a roll do it matter when all play play the same madden 10 . One guy gets hurt drew So what put in the next guy no Drop off . you also seem to be trolling today.
Ratings, except for speed, don't carry much weight in Madden 10. That's why there's no drop off. That's doesn't mean injuries are irrelevant in sports gaming. Try subbing in a generic QB for Dan Marino in 2k8 and see if you don't notice any drop off.

And how am I trolling ? I'm expressing my dissappointment in the fact that BB won't have injuries. Does saying something that YOU don't agree with equate to "trolling" ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The no injuries was a real disappointment to me, I won't lie. The developers had said a long time ago that they weren't gonna put them in because they didn't want it to look gimmicky or cause their game to be written off as another Blitz.

If fatigue plays a role, big hits can still wear down players and force players to use their backups. I would've preferred injuries on some level but I'm not gonna call this a gamekiller or the same as not having a franchise at all.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I honestly don't feel this will be a killer for BackBreaker. There are other known pitfalls for them that have to do with how the masses will accept the product (lack of NFL license, etc.).

However, not having injuries certainly doesn't help and is sure to draw some fire from the sim gamers and franchise heads. That crowd is not nearly as large as the majority who couldn't care less about that stuff, but the question in terms of impact will be what type of crowd gets drawn to this game more? Conventional wisdom says the casual gamer will still be the primary supporter, but if they pick up a larger-than-average base of sim and franchise heads, it could present a problem.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Madden might as well not have them either.

3 seasons of a full human Online Franchise, you get 5-7 injuries in the entire league (unless they occur from a sim result).

They are near non existant in that game too.

But NM making their first attempt ever is riding the fail train?

Disapointting? Yeah a little. A big deal? No.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »