Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Stop following me around. Yeah, good point. LOL. I get heated about Madden NFL games sometimes. I can only say one positive thing about Madden 10. It does have nice graphics.
Dont forget nice handtowels.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
the game has nice animations but im still not sold on a bunch of non-americans being able to replicate the complexities that makes american professional football what it is.

just because a tackle looks nice doesnt mean jack s**t if the football sucks.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #35
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
There maybe politics but I just know how Joystiq tried to stick it to Madden 10 with non-sense in their "preview" then turn around and go extra positive with Backbreaker when NO ELSE seems to be so jovial in their previews of Backbreaker. I read a lil of IGN's preview but I don't think they've been very favorable in their reviews of Madden so I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if IGN reviewers even really care about most sports games, at all, except, maybe Fifa. Lol.

I just know I want to check out this game, period. I like when people try to go against the grain and shake things up, in a POSITIVE way, and Backbreaker represents that for me in regards of football games. Hell, Natural Motion has great tech with the Euphoria engine, period! I hope this game does well and shakes up the football community but some of the previews are very telling. We shall see!
Well, some of IGNs complaints were odd imo opinion. He complained about not being able to upload logos because he's not much of an artist. Really? The Cowboys, Chargers, Packers, Bears, Browns, Giants, and Colts logos are so complicated he didn't think he could do that?

Also he complained about how long it was taking while forgetting to mention just how small BBs development team was. I say, so they are taking their time, big deal. They took 10 years creating the movie Avatar and that turned out pretty good.

on the other hand no one else was quite as jovial as Joystiq. But, here's a collection of the "best of" that I have read so far...

“I've honestly never seen more realistic looking tackles than I did in Backbreaker”
1UP

“On the surface, Backbreaker might not appear to be more than just another arcade-style football video game in the vein of NFL Blitz -- sans any licensed NFL teams, logos or stadiums -- but it's actually approaching the genre from an interesting and refreshing new angle.”
Gamerpro

“Coming away from Backbreaker, I have to say that it is fairly impressive. It's a good looking game, and with the addition of the Euphoria Engine, the animations are truly lifelike. Nothing feels canned, and every hit has solid weight behind it.”
Destructoid

“Gamers will view Backbreaker as just another gimmicky sports title, when in fact it’s a revolution in disguise. Look out EA”
Xbox360

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 29

^that last quote gives me the chills
Old 03-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Well, some of IGNs complaints were odd imo opinion. He complained about not being able to upload logos because he's not much of an artist. Really? The Cowboys, Chargers, Packers, Bears, Browns, Giants, and Colts logos are so complicated he didn't think he could do that?

Also he complained about how long it was taking while forgetting to mention just how small BBs development team was. I say, so they are taking their time, big deal. They took 10 years creating the movie Avatar and that turned out pretty good.

on the other hand no one else was quite as jovial as Joystiq. But, here's a collection of the "best of" that I have read so far...

“I've honestly never seen more realistic looking tackles than I did in Backbreaker”
1UP

“On the surface, Backbreaker might not appear to be more than just another arcade-style football video game in the vein of NFL Blitz -- sans any licensed NFL teams, logos or stadiums -- but it's actually approaching the genre from an interesting and refreshing new angle.”
Gamerpro

“Coming away from Backbreaker, I have to say that it is fairly impressive. It's a good looking game, and with the addition of the Euphoria Engine, the animations are truly lifelike. Nothing feels canned, and every hit has solid weight behind it.”
Destructoid

“Gamers will view Backbreaker as just another gimmicky sports title, when in fact it’s a revolution in disguise. Look out EA”
Xbox360

Yezzir! Can't wait!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Joystiq Impressions: Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Another positive review. I dont see why some people cant get that this game will at least be a 7.5/10.
if it can get a 7.5 its about a point and a half higher then what i graded Madden 10 at and that would be great for a game thats new.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9
i wonder how the passing game will be
Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #40
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
The NFL isn't required to make this a hit, nobody DEVS included seem as concerned with GAMEPLAY as they should be, GAMEPLAY is what makes or breaks this game. I'll have fun making my own logos similar to NCAA'a teambuilder.. Nice that he confirmed that it's the best looking football game in years..

That pesky camera angle is the thing.. could be a major mistake to have deviated from the gamer expected camera angles..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »