Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #57
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Just because it didnt work out for Blitz, doesnt mean it wont work out for this game. We are talking about two entirely different styles of gameplay. Gameplay is the first thing it comes down to in a sports game.

EDIT: Didnt know where to post this, but I just found this in my new Game Informer.

"The chief investment office of Becker Capital Management-which holds around a million shares of Electronic Arts stock-said in a Business Week article that the credibility of EA's management is "non existent right now." Under EA CEO John Riccitiello's watch, EA's stock price has dropped 68% over 11 consecutive quarters."
No offense, but that probably should have been posted in one of the forums involving an EA game. Interesting news tho.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
No offense, but that probably should have been posted in one of the forums involving an EA game. Interesting news tho.
Maybe people are just wising up and realizing that games that have the exclusive licenses are not necessarily better than non licensed games. Maybe people are wising up that gameplay is more important over bells and whistles.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #59
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Maybe people are just wising up and realizing that games that have the exclusive licenses are not necessarily better than non licensed games. Maybe people are wising up that gameplay is more important over bells and whistles.
That has to do with more than just Madden though. Poor sells of mirrors edge and tings like that contribute as well and more than likely this year will be better for EA than the previous ones. Anywho this is the Backbreaker thread and there's no real reason to discuss this here.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 19

I'm all about gameplay so I think I will be in for a big treat. I am also a fan of good graphics as well. I love to see all the new changes in technology every 5 years. Can't wait to see what BB will look like on my projector screen in 720p/1080p.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

We now know since the NFL signed their exclusive contract with EA the Madden Franchise has remained stagnant with little improvements made year after year. The reason for this is simple no competition. This exclusive contract is great for the wallets of EA and the NFL, but gives gamers mediocre improved football games year after year. Do we think MLB The Show would be as good as it is if it did not have 2K every year gunning for a piece of the baseball video game pie. Competition breeds better sports games for gamers this has been proven. This is why I will be purchasing Backbreaker. If Madden players really want Madden to improve, they need to purchase a copy of Backbreaker before Madden even comes out. EA will finally get the message loud and clear and give us a football game that is worthy of the NFL license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 55

So many unanswered questions.. so little time! I want more gameplay.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #63
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
So many unanswered questions.. so little time! I want more gameplay.
They are at something called GDC according to twitter. They are there to show off some technology I think. Lot's of "big guns" go there I guess like GameInformer and Gametrailers.com. I thnk we'll get some more info soon. Also the developer diaries come out about every other Friday and they haven't done one in 3 weeks so they are due to do another one of those this week too.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25

Good stuff to read...But nothing new.....The fact there are ONLY 2 difficulty settings really worries me...Arcade and Pro....Thats It?

Hopefully, the PRO setting has at least 3 levels (rookie, PRO, Legend/All-Pro).

I would be willing to bet ALL of us here at OS would be WELL ABOVE the "PRO" setting and would be left with a game that poses NO CHALLENGE from the CPU....not that we are not used to that....but i/we welcome a challenge.

Would like more info on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »