Home

Engine based on Physicis. But the player models looks all the same !

This is a discussion on Engine based on Physicis. But the player models looks all the same ! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Engine based on Physicis. But the player models looks all the same !

Hi,
i was thinking about how the engine take in consideration their players´speed, weight, angle, etc.

After watching all screenshots and videos, it seems the game has only 3 or 2 player models. My guess are: Light, medium and Heavy (i can`t tell from Medium to heavy but i guess there are 3 type of models).

Anyways i assume that the game won`t translate their profile`s weight and height to graphically match on the in game.

In short, a 5`11/210lbs will look exactly as a 5`10 240lbs. But the engine will use their profile stats to calculate the outcome of the animation.

I`m correct?

Sorry, i know it`s confusing what i`m saying, specially since i can`t speak English correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Engine based on Physicis. But the player models looks all the same !

According to an interview, each position has 3 different builds (similar to NFL Fever 04). That interview also said you won't be able to make the player an exact weight and height.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t11
According to an interview, each position has 3 different builds (similar to NFL Fever 04). That interview also said you won't be able to make the player an exact weight and height.
No height and weight stats? wow...really suprise about that, specially since it`s a game that take into consideration weight and height to calculate the end of the tackle.

on the other hand, if it have 3 different builds for EACH position (qb has 3 diff build, RB has other 3 diff build) im happy.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hi,
i was thinking about how the engine take in consideration their players´speed, weight, angle, etc.

After watching all screenshots and videos, it seems the game has only 3 or 2 player models. My guess are: Light, medium and Heavy (i can`t tell from Medium to heavy but i guess there are 3 type of models).

Anyways i assume that the game won`t translate their profile`s weight and height to graphically match on the in game.

In short, a 5`11/210lbs will look exactly as a 5`10 240lbs. But the engine will use their profile stats to calculate the outcome of the animation.

I`m correct?

Sorry, i know it`s confusing what i`m saying, specially since i can`t speak English correctly.
Backbreaker is a game where player size will actually matter. In speaking, player models do seem to have the same basic shape, but that part doesn't bother me or most people. The sizes are quite distinguishable now than they were previously.

Player models have been a huge debate for a couple years now, but the models themselves will not effect the gameplay. Sometimes we as consumers major in the minors and minor in the majors. One thing to know is that the player models will not ghost through each other. We will not see players diving through each other in Backbreaker. Now, there will be some minor clipping, but none like we have seen with current sports games.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I would be fine if in the next Backbreaker they add detail to the bodies and scaling weight and heights that will correctly map onto the fiield and continue to ignore the faces.

Since in football you don't see the face anyway,they can do something like NCAA does and just have basic faces to show sideline things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

I don`t care about faces, i could have 1 single face to all the players, don`t mind.

But the player models are very futuristic and the shapes are almost the same.

I like to distinguish a LB from a DB.
And all being same height does bothers me a bit, but again this is very superficial, compare to other stuff, like CPU AI, Logic, and core elements of football.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I like to distinguish a LB from a DB.
And all being same height does bothers me a bit, but again this is very superficial, compare to other stuff, like CPU AI, Logic, and core elements of football.
Actually, height is a core part of football.

If one guy is 5'9 and another is 6'5, the 5'9 guy is already at a disadvantage on any high ball - this especially takes place in WR vs DB.

If all players are the same height, is this aspect of WR vs DB missing? If not - how does one player "play taller" than another if they are the same height with the same ball skills?

And yes, I know it doesn't matter so much in Madden, etc, etc. I'd like to just have an answer in terms of BB's gameplay - not BB vs Madden gameplay.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

So you can't make specific weight and height?

If not they should at least have the average weight sizes for certain positions and height.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »