Home

Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #49
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Backbreaker Video: Offensive Passing Alpha Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
OK guys, a couple of observations. First, every play is going to be different. It's not like Madden, where we see a flaw and keep seeing it due to an animation trigger. What we saw on those 2 plays will probably never happen again. The ol/dl interactions will be different on the next play. The dbs will react differently on the next play. It's all based on where the players are at that time. I think that's the point that we're missing. Everyone has great observations, but every play's going to be a fresh experience. Not even the guys in the NFL make every play everytime. Sometimes they get beat, take the wrong angle, miss a block, run into a block, etc....

Now, I think we've all been burned by that other game and we are picking this game apart with the same mentality. I think we need to change our mindset and remember that every play will be different. No 2 plays will be the same....ever. No trigered or canned animations, just good ole physics
-just like the football gods intended.

Very well said. The part I put in Bold is the part people seem to be missing. You simply can't critique this game like it's a Madden game. I think people will just have to wait for it to release and then take it from there.

I still play Madden 10 (Ultimate team only) and I'm enjoying it for the most part, but I really hope Backbreaker offers me something fresh and new, and of course I hope it's a good game. We'll see come the end of May.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like what I see and I am looking at it for what it is. This is just the Alpha Build. This is not the finished product.

I like the graphics, camera angle and I really like the cut away scenes for replays. Pretty cool stuff.

This is just the start. I am looking forward to seeing what the finished product looks like.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 25

finally noticed why the field looks weird....There is NOTHING on the sidelines (and there is alot of real estate there). ABSOLUTELY irrelevant to me, but it finally hit me. really makes things look lonely out there.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 34
Looks 'okay' but not enough to give me a real taste of how the game flows down to down, and the playbooks.

Looks like a rental right now.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

The game looks good, but rough around the edges. I hope to see more gameplay and I hope the game requires some football knowledge.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #54
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

OK, this may not make much sense, but I think this game is trying too hard not to be Madden. I think it was a poor choice not to stick with a traditional controller and screen setup, and even though the player models are supposed to look much different, they just scream "fake" to me. I have to stop back at this point and wonder if the game is really worth $60 (tax included). For what will most likely be an one- and- done game, I just don't know if they took the right path in this.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #55
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
I like your honesty. I am from the official forum. Lots of people are expecting perfection or way too much out of their first time developing a pro football game. That other game has been reworked year after year since 2005 and no one is expecting perfection out of that one either, just better gameplay.

Anyway, bugs are still being worked out. Time is running short now. Hopefully, people are not expecting perfect coverage on every play. If BB has perfect coverage on every play, then I will leave both of my copies at the store. In some other games, there is perfect coverage that makes players motion shift, slide jump, and high jump to knock the ball down or pick it off for a pick-6.

I like what I see so far. Also, as far as sacks go, every down will be different from the last. Sometimes there will be broken coverage, missed assignments, and offensive/defensive breakdowns.
Nice Post, this is basically the way i feel about those 2 videos as well..There are only so many ways to express an offensive lineman getting beaten?

That DE animation WAS bad..He stopped then changed direction to the qb, other videos looked alot better in this regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #56
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
The WR/DB interactions looked fine to me in this video and others... This WAS by far the worst looking BB vid ive seen so far, the players looked slow and not moving smoothly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »