Home

Seriously what can Madden do to stay relevent...

This is a discussion on Seriously what can Madden do to stay relevent... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
Seriously what can Madden do to stay relevent...

Ok I just clicked on the link about 1st info and screens for Madden and I wonder what can EA do besides have the NFL liscense to stay relevent. I mean Ian is spouting off about new facial rendering and finally field awareness...toe taps, 1st down, and wait for it....catching in stride.

I really accept EA for what they are but it really gets under my skin when they hype new features for M11 that basically should be in the game already. 2k 5 yrs ago had all of this, but this is apparently something new to Ian and company. Backbreakers field awareness seems to be uncannily real for a video game. Don't believe me check out runners stretching for the endzone and battling for 1st down markers. Seriously what can Madden do to remain on top...I don't think they can do anything.

Ian also talks about new animations for collisions and catches but if your comparing animations to euphoria its already over...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Seriously what can Madden do to stay relevent...

Not to mention i believe Ian was hyping the whole WR awareness thing last year as well, and look how well they implemented it. After buying into the hype from Madden 10 and being completely let down i really have to play Madden 11 extensively before i will believe anything Ian says about the games tweaks.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Madden doesn't have to do anything to "stay relevant". That has been proven every year with the minor tweaks and additions that they make every year. Madden is well established, has a large enough fan base, and the money to keep doing the same thing year in and year out. Madden is after all the longest running franchise in video game history, second only to Mario.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

i agree too...i just dont know what they plan to do after madden 11 to compete. the license only goes so far, if backbreaker delivers authentic and fun football and word of mouth takes over and declares bbreaker king. they will either have to majorly overhaul the engine or immensely tune the physics and locomotion and animations library to even be close. their same old rehash formula that worked with no competitor around will no longer work...as well as it did anyway. especially when consumers start to see what actually IS possible in a game. no more of that EA "we cant do that yet...or its not feasible...maybe next year...blah blah" wont work anymore. worst comes to worst, they step their game up and make innovative leaps like they use to...win/win situation for consumers.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 03-26-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This is the Backbreaker forum guys. Don't talk about Madden here, Backbreaker isn't going to change a thing about EA's business model.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

@o Mass Murda o... BackBreaker isn't going to hurt Madden's sales one bit. Madden is an institution in this country. There have been games of higher quality than Madden many times in the past and Madden still won the sales war.

It's NM that has to worry about BackBreaker becoming relevant and it's going to be an uphill battle, regardless of how great the technology is.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
Pro

Madden will tout itself as the more complete football game with presentation, player likeness, and more football details than any other football game. Whether they succeed in convincing the public of this remains to be seen, but they are really gonnna push details like injuries, commentary, and multiple camera angles.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
@o Mass Murda o... BackBreaker isn't going to hurt Madden's sales one bit. Madden is an institution in this country. There have been games of higher quality than Madden many times in the past and Madden still won the sales war.
i agree...i guess in retrospect, the point im trying to make is theyll no longer be able to dick the customers anymore and lead us on and tell us what can and cant be done on these consoles. the new guy in town will pull up the curtain and show that there is so much more that can and will be done to the genre, and EA will look even lazier. since nobody else was really making football gms, EA was determining what kinda innovation will be made/possible. they will continue to make their sales to the faithful and casuals who buy anyway, some without knowing anything other than this is the newest madden.

but at least they will be seen for what they are by anyone whos paying attention...only serious about getting the most sales, not making an actual quality game. then they will be very transparent in their motives...as if all their latest press hasnt already admitted as much LOL! the smart consumers will continue to walk away/take break from this franchise until they get on par with the competitions offerings. in the end, hopefully the drop in sales continue and they get forced to make a real attempt at being the best and raising sales.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »