Home

Camera angles?

This is a discussion on Camera angles? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Camera angles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
How you can argue against options for the camera while at the same time hoping for the commercial success of this game is amazing.
Yeah, just like FN4 picked up a lot of sales when they added buttons.
This game was meant to be played down and dirty. It's not for the pinball arcade Madden Fans. (unless they want to play pinball and real football-then they can get both!)
Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yes, I understand, they can do no wrong, even if it was from the very start.

it doesn't change the fact that people will want to play football in a traditional format that has been offered in nearly every football game every released. This will open some people's eyes and they'll have some fun with it... and it will completely turn off others who see it as a shallow arcade game with a gimmick camera.

Not providing options splits your customer base.

Just like racing games, some people won't play it with a steering wheel in their face, and want to play from outside of their car for the situational awareness it provides. Now comes BB, where tunnel vision should be the tagline for the game.

How you can argue against options for the camera while at the same time hoping for the commercial success of this game is amazing.
providing options can also split your user base....

because of Balancing issues....the game is based around this camera view....if one player is playing with this view, where as his opponent is playing with the God Cam....there are balancing issues. His opponent would have an advantage because he could see pass rushers/blitzers coming from his blind side when he is on offense.......the original player cannot...he will not know until it is almost too late...sure he'll feel the control vibrate and hear them coming, but if he has not got rid of the ball by then....trouble is going to happen.

again, THIS IS NATURAL MOTION's Art....this is their painting, their music, their film....this is their vision...and they have worked very hard to make sure everything goes together properly.

alot of things would need to be added/changed if they did add a God View.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan

because of Balancing issues....the game is based around this camera view....if one player is playing with this view, where as his opponent is playing with the God Cam....there are balancing issues. His opponent would have an advantage because he could see pass rushers/blitzers coming from his blind side when he is on offense.......the original player cannot...he will not know until it is almost too late...sure he'll feel the control vibrate and hear them coming, but if he has not got rid of the ball by then....trouble is going to happen.

again, THIS IS NATURAL MOTION's Art....this is their painting, their music, their film....this is their vision...and they have worked very hard to make sure everything goes together properly.

Well said-NaturalMotion should say this, but they're too humble.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, just like FN4 picked up a lot of sales when they added buttons.
This game was meant to be played down and dirty. It's not for the pinball arcade Madden Fans. (unless they want to play pinball and real football-then they can get both!)
This kind of response really just adds nothing to the discussion. If they want no madden fans to buy their game, then it will certainly fail.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:

Yeah, and that's my concern, that their vision won't be fun. We'll see what happens when the demo drops, not really looking forward to selecting WRs with the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, and that's my concern, that their vision won't be fun. We'll see what happens when the demo drops, not really looking forward to selecting WRs with the right stick.
judging from your post history of only being here for 5 days and having 50posts (43 in BB threads) with 95% of them in a negative response feeling.....well this game will not be for you....you are wasting your time here......imo.

this is what you should do....reread all of your posts in this BackBreaker Section...and think to yourself, WHAT THE HECK AM I STILL HERE FOR?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
judging from your post history of only being here for 5 days and having 50posts (43 in BB threads) with 95% of them in a negative response feeling.....well this game will not be for you....you are wasting your time here......imo.

this is what you should do....reread all of your posts in this BackBreaker Section...and think to yourself, WHAT THE HECK AM I STILL HERE FOR?
I am here hoping that there's a good game in there somewhere, and compared to some of the cheerleader posts around here, of course my posts sound negative.l Optimism is one thing, but holy cow guys.

Also didn't realize being new invalidated someone's opinions, good to know. I guess if you can't discuss the topic, you attack the user.

Last edited by mestevo; 04-30-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
I am here hoping that there's a good game in there somewhere, and compared to some of the cheerleader posts around here, of course my posts sound negative.l Optimism is one thing, but holy cow guys.

Also didn't realize being new invalidated someone's opinions, good to know.
imo, being new does not invalid someone's opinion.....but making responses like this...seems like you are just trying to derail a thread....I mean really?

"Which is subjective. Most games that have a camera this tight have rear view mirrors."

there is nothing wrong with worrying or being negative regarding certain parts of a game.... I agreed with you about the no fatigue issue, potentially being a problem with cheezers....but I tried find a solution for it.

edit- so now I'm attacking you? *good to know*
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »