Home

Just a thought

This is a discussion on Just a thought within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Just a thought

I think it is interesting that most fans of NCAA and Madden have complained for years about the gameplay. BB is all about on the field gameplay and everyone is complaining about the lack of features. I know everyone in the world would love to have their cake and eat it too, so to speak, but why can we just not be happy that a company is taking a chance and making what hopefully will be a great game ON THE FIELD. I plan on buying all 3....bottom line is hopefully they will be great games in their own way.

Last edited by caseym12; 05-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Just a thought

People that say there's a lack of features are obviously not taking the time to be informed.With the extensive customization,Road to Backbreaker,and 32 team franchise(which people still seem to ignore after beating them over the head with it).What more can there be?

The only things people can dwell on is not liking the visors/uni's and no injuries/fatigue right now.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

All we know about franchise can be expressed in 2-3 sentences, and since it's missing injuries/fatigue there's no way anyone can assume trades, player contracts, etc are in the game. They also go out of their way to not call the 'single season mode that lets you play the next year' mode not a franchise mode. Stuff like the minimal amount of player attributes and progression I am looking forward to hearing more about as well.

I am still playing Madden 10 today because I enjoy building a successful team in franchise mode. All the customization stuff in Backbreaker is cool, but really will only use that stuff to create my initial team and never use much of it again unless ever I start over.

Fans of Madden and NCAA have complained for a long time about a lot of things (I'm not one of them, I'm generally happy and play my football games a ton), but they are unhappy with Backbreaker because trading in a car that can't go backwards with a car that doesn't turn still leaves you with an awful car.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
All we know about franchise can be expressed in 2-3 sentences, and since it's missing injuries/fatigue there's no way anyone can assume trades, player contracts, etc are in the game. They also go out of their way to not call the 'single season mode that lets you play the next year' mode not a franchise mode. Stuff like the minimal amount of player attributes and progression I am looking forward to hearing more about as well.

I am still playing Madden 10 today because I enjoy building a successful team in franchise mode. All the customization stuff in Backbreaker is cool, but really will only use that stuff to create my initial team and never use much of it again unless ever I start over.

Fans of Madden and NCAA have complained for a long time about a lot of things (I'm not one of them, I'm generally happy and play my football games a ton), but they are unhappy with Backbreaker because trading in a car that can't go backwards with a car that doesn't turn still leaves you with an awful car.
Player trades are in the game, smart guy.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gameplay, Gameplay, Gameplay. PPl need a franchise mode because of the low replay value of Ncaa and Madden. Because the GAMEPLAY is not up to par and hasnt been in many years....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Please refrain from the spreading of lies, there will be trades in Backbreaker.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Player trades are in the game, smart guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDale
Please refrain from the spreading of lies, there will be trades in Backbreaker.
Was an honest mistake, I got my 'things I expect in a football game' and 'things that Backbreaker is missing' wires crossed.

Since neither of you commented on the rest, I presume you agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseym12
Gameplay, Gameplay, Gameplay. PPl need a franchise mode because of the low replay value of Ncaa and Madden. Because the GAMEPLAY is not up to par and hasnt been in many years....
I am not sure I am following, are you suggesting that if the game is fun, people will only play exhibition, both offline and online?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

Not a problem it's just a lot of untrue rumours are bring spread and it hurts Backbreaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »