Home

player behavior system in bb. what is it?

This is a discussion on player behavior system in bb. what is it? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: player behavior system in bb. what is it?

Yeah, in most games you tell the character what to do, but in their case, they tell them what not to do.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
does it have something to do with a.i ...somebody help me understand this..
It has everything to do with the A.I. in Backbreaker. We will see a higher level of intellegence from players in BB unlike anything we've ever seen before. For instance, player awareness. Watch the videos and you will see every player either follow the ball with his eyes/head or his assignment.

In the Running Game Tutorial, when the runner stiff armed the defender, he looked at him before he did it. If that doesn't make you scream simulation, then I don't know what will.

As far as people saying they are not interested, are you guys serious?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
Yeah, in most games you tell the character what to do, but in their case, they tell them what not to do.
Now, that's innovation fellas. Thank you for saying this, ChampN252. I'm not going to say Backbreaker is going to be better, but yeah it will be.

Honestly, BB and Madden NFL games can't really be compared because they are 2 entirely different games.
Which one seems more interesting to me? Backbreaker! Which one has me on the edge of my seat? Bacbkreaker!

Which one shows true innovation right out of the blocks? Backbreaker!

Which game will we never see the same tackles/hits/falls/trips/stiff arms/spin offs/slips/etc? Backbreaker!

Which game will not have ghosting this year? Backbreaker! Which game will have an AWESOME 3rd person camera view? Backbreaker!

Which game will have state of the art graphics promised to us back in 2005 in the Madden 06 Next Generation trailer? Backbreaker!

Which game will only cost $49.99 on release day without some type of trade-in for their game released the month before? Backbreaker!

Which game will have a crowd that reacts to what happens on the field in real-time? Backbreaker!

Which game will have customization depth comparable to Skate 3 or Forza? Backbreaker!

Which game comes out on June 1, 2010? Backbreaker!

The only thing Madden NFL 11 and NCAA 11 will have is the NFL license and NCAA license. Other than that, Backbreaker looks to be the clear winner this year even though may not outsell either of EA Sports' games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

^that's quite a post turf! Gotta say I agree with you.
BB and NCAA will be my purchases this year.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
^that's quite a post turf! Gotta say I agree with you.
BB and NCAA will be my purchases this year.
Thanks, nd. NCAA 11 is on my roster this year as well. I've got to see more videos now. I think they past Madden 10 up last year with NCAA 10. The NCAA dev team just seems to care a bit more about details and gameplay than the Madden NFL dev team. That's just an honest opinion.

I want the Madden NFL series to do well. I just want EA Sports to hear us out this year and rebuild the series from scratch. I'm sure people would be fine if they had to wait a couple years for a much better game than what they currently have. If the Madden NFL dev team worked 2 years straight and implemented a physics based engine of some sort and had gameplay as it's main focus, they would get their good name back. People are falling off like flies from the Madden NFL bandwagon.

Also, if they just updated the rosters and worked on bugs in the game for those 2 years of rebuilding, I think people would be fine with that as well.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
all i know is they have the a-hole behavior in the game as seen in the commercial spot where the player slaps the crap outta the other teams guy in the back of the helmet after a play

I SAW THAT TOO!!! thats cool S***
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Thanks, nd. NCAA 11 is on my roster this year as well. I've got to see more videos now. I think they past Madden 10 up last year with NCAA 10. The NCAA dev team just seems to care a bit more about details and gameplay than the Madden NFL dev team. That's just an honest opinion.

I want the Madden NFL series to do well. I just want EA Sports to hear us out this year and rebuild the series from scratch. I'm sure people would be fine if they had to wait a couple years for a much better game than what they currently have. If the Madden NFL dev team worked 2 years straight and implemented a physics based engine of some sort and had gameplay as it's main focus, they would get their good name back. People are falling off like flies from the Madden NFL bandwagon.

Also, if they just updated the rosters and worked on bugs in the game for those 2 years of rebuilding, I think people would be fine with that as well.

I am highly anticipating this game but it would be nice to hear more or see more about the AI. Poor AI all but ruined ncaa 09... and still no slider info?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
I am highly anticipating this game but it would be nice to hear more or see more about the AI. Poor AI all but ruined ncaa 09... and still no slider info?
There's no sliders in the game. Just difficulty levels. This was confirmed in the 90 minute interview.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »