Home

Will Power HB's be viable in BB?

This is a discussion on Will Power HB's be viable in BB? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Will Power HB's be viable in BB?

Every gameplay video I've seen for Backbreaker so far has had ballcarriers doding tackles with spins and jukes, but I haven't seen any tackles be broken by a HB just lowering his shoulder and running through a defender. Has there been any footage of ballcarriers being able to break tackles with stiff arms or lowering their shoulder?

I really like using Power HBs in football games, so if they aren't viable or are much less effective than Elusive HBs in BB it will be a huge turn off (espcially since I'm still on the fence about getting it).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Will Power HB's be viable in BB?

here you go for now....I'll try and find the video...

Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

with everything being physics based...no doubt in my mind. get those 230+ lbs up and moving and im sure its gonna be a nightmare for a tiny cb or smaller lb to deal with, just like real life. cant wait
Old 05-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11

Here is the video form of what Afrikan posted

Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Man, that looks so good. Really really impressive. I hope it plays as good as it looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Choose Between Powerful or Precise Plays: In evasive mode, players are more agile and can dodge, turn and jump to avoid threats, though they are more likely to fumble when tackled. In aggressive mode, players can stiff arm and fight through linemen, run faster and fend off big hits and tackles.

Not sure how evasive & aggressive mode are implemented-I think it's with the triggers. Certainly the timing of these inputs will be critical to gameplay.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Choose Between Powerful or Precise Plays: In evasive mode, players are more agile and can dodge, turn and jump to avoid threats, though they are more likely to fumble when tackled. In aggressive mode, players can stiff arm and fight through linemen, run faster and fend off big hits and tackles.

Not sure how evasive & aggressive mode are implemented-I think it's with the triggers. Certainly the timing of these inputs will be critical to gameplay.
agile mode is on by default, so just moving with the left thumbstick and jukes and spins with the right. You're also able to turn corners tighter (hence agile mode)

whenever the situation calls for it, you pull the RT and now all the moves on the right thumbstick are your power moves, shoulder charge, dive, stiff arm. In agressive mode you also run faster, but can't turn or change direction as fast.

So basically it's the most immersive running control scheme I could imagine. I can't wait to pull off crazy runs with combos of agile and aggressive moves.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

backbreaker is better than madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »