Home

Any one know what form means in the pre game menu?

This is a discussion on Any one know what form means in the pre game menu? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Any one know what form means in the pre game menu?

man well thats pretty sick ... thanks for helping me understand ...
Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

It would be nice if they actually based it on performance from game to game as far it going up or down instead of it being random like it is in PES.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
It would be nice if they actually based it on performance from game to game as far it going up or down instead of it being random like it is in PES.

Uh... not really. Random is closer to reality. If it's based on previous games, you get situations where, for example, a RB rushes for 100 yards in "average" form... so he goes up... then rushes for 125 the next game... goes up again... 150... it leads to the same problem that the player progression system in other games had where you could pad stats to improve a player.

Reality is full of ups and downs. Last season, Chris Johnson ran for over 2000 yards - take a slice out of the middle of the season... from week.. 4 through 9... his yardage totals were 83, 34, 128, 228, 134. I'd call that pretty freakin random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Uh... not really. Random is closer to reality. If it's based on previous games, you get situations where, for example, a RB rushes for 100 yards in "average" form... so he goes up... then rushes for 125 the next game... goes up again... 150... it leads to the same problem that the player progression system in other games had where you could pad stats to improve a player.

Reality is full of ups and downs. Last season, Chris Johnson ran for over 2000 yards - take a slice out of the middle of the season... from week.. 4 through 9... his yardage totals were 83, 34, 128, 228, 134. I'd call that pretty freakin random.

that is actually very good point. I didn't think about it in those terms.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Afrikan and I debated this in another thread... but the developers are against 'dice rolls' determining stuff so that's why he said it wasn't random. If it wasn't then people wouldn't do anything but throw to 1-2 people and run 15 times a game, so their QB, TE, and good WR are always top form.

We'll find out in a week.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

i thought i remembered reading that form was actually based on performance tho?!?! i could be wrong tho cuz it was a while ago that i saw info on it. hell im still kinda wondering what the deal is with this form. im sure its gonna help add to the dynamics of the game tho.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
i thought i remembered reading that form was actually based on performance tho?!?! i could be wrong tho cuz it was a while ago that i saw info on it. hell im still kinda wondering what the deal is with this form. im sure its gonna help add to the dynamics of the game tho.
From what I understand, form in the season modes will be based on performance, in everything else it looks like it will be used as a handicapping tool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #16
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

The point about the cascading performance problem is well taken, but the best way to do it would be for the form bump to only last a few games. That way, you have a "hot streak" but it is only temporary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »