Home

Defense truly is.....

This is a discussion on Defense truly is..... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Defense truly is.....

i guess i would be fine with locking on one player, but i would need to be able to trust the game's AI to make the right play. I could see defense being pretty boring watching the game play itself a lot of the time.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
i guess i would be fine with locking on one player, but i would need to be able to trust the game's AI to make the right play. I could see defense being pretty boring watching the game play itself a lot of the time.
There's no I in TEAM, man....

Seriously it's just something to get used to. Ray Lewis isn't involved on every single play.. but he sure as hell tries to be. It's the same thing here.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

The 2k5 D switch style works in this game. I was in the top 100 in 2k5 because on defense I started as a LB and switched to DB when the ball was in the air. Really helped with picks.

You can do this in BB, it just takes practice. Besides that, I don't switch off the play a lot. I really like it though. Feels a lot more realistic. Plus making a tackle in this game is more satisfying then any football game I have played before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The 2k5 D switch style works in this game. I was in the top 100 in 2k5 because on defense I started as a LB and switched to DB when the ball was in the air. Really helped with picks.

You can do this in BB, it just takes practice. Besides that, I don't switch off the play a lot. I really like it though. Feels a lot more realistic. Plus making a tackle in this game is more satisfying then any football game I have played before.
I have never enjoyed playing defense the way I have in this game. Very satisfying to make the right read on defense and being right there to stuff a play, break up a pass and/or getting the interception is so fulfilling!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

The switching element doesn't concern me too much.

I've always felt cheap if I switch players on D (mid-play). I normally play safety, so it's my job to read the game (without changing up and effectively cheating). If the ball is thrown away from me then I have to rely on my teammates. That's fine with me.

The camera angle is okay with me personally, but I really think they should offer gamers the option of different camera angles. I want this game to be a big seller and I know that the existing camera angle (which I enjoy) will turn many off.

With great physics and gameplay on offer, I want as many people as possible to enjoy this game.

Whatever happened to user defined cameras? They were great.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #14
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

You cannot jump in BB or even catch for that matter. Your either in position and facing the right direction to make a pick at which time it's up to the computer to perform the action. This takes a lot of the control away from the user. In most instances it's just best to just stand there, and let the computer AI do whatever it's going to do. This will then lead to you standing there watching plays that are run on the opposite side of the field. I got bored watching the computer run or pass to the opposite side of the field from where I was defending. Great physics, collisions, tackles but some of the design decisions are just mind boggling.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
RaiderKtulu 09:24 AM 05-25-2010

Seriously it's just something to get used to. Ray Lewis isn't involved on every single play.. but he sure as hell tries to be. It's the same thing here.
yeah but this is a video game. I played defense in high school, while i wasn't in every tackle it was a heck of a lot of fun just being on the field. I find it hard to believe the same fun factor exists watching offensive and defensive AI duke it out in front of me. Defense is already boring enough in traditional football games, but at least i could get involved in every play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #16
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
You cannot jump in BB or even catch for that matter. Your either in position and facing the right direction to make a pick at which time it's up to the computer to perform the action. This takes a lot of the control away from the user. In most instances it's just best to just stand there, and let the computer AI do whatever it's going to do. This will then lead to you standing there watching plays that are run on the opposite side of the field. I got bored watching the computer run or pass to the opposite side of the field from where I was defending. Great physics, collisions, tackles but some of the design decisions are just mind boggling.
The lack of a catch button is a way to separate good players from bad players. It'll give you a reason to worry about your roster even though there aren't any injuries. Good CB in position makes a play - bad CB doesn't. It's frustrating because of how you're used to playing, but it does make some sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »