Home

Official Video on Game Modes

This is a discussion on Official Video on Game Modes within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Video on Game Modes

That RB form the Maulers was NASTY too...his stats were all 90's (unseen so far in this game [at least to me])
Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
I think we have to ask ourselves what we really want in a football video game. Do we want it re-creating everything identical down to the NFL to the point where you dont know if you're watching TV or a video game. Or do we want a video game that is FUN. I choose FUN.
Well said, that is what I want too.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh man, at first I was down a little, but now Ohh Baby. RTBB is going to be hot. Love the concept of if you have the money to pay for that special player you can. All about winning games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm not able to watch the video until later, but no FA in season mode is a pretty big deal. That trickles down to mean a lot more... no contracts, no salary cap, no developing your team in any fashion similar to real football, etc.

Do players even retire or age? Do they even have an age?
I'm just happy it actually has a multiple season mode as it seems most first time football games don't. My main question is the one you listed: Do players age and retire? Also, how many seasons can you play in a row?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I just realized something. Season mode isn't just one season. Here is the quote from the screen on the video...

"Build your own league to compete in. Then take a team and lead them to glory over numerous seasons. Create a winning franchise by building a team with the quality to win."

Here is the quote for RTBB...

"Create your own completely unique franchise and lead them out to challenge all comers. Fight your way past every team and strive to succeed against some of the best players in the Backbreaker world."

That is awesome. So there are two choices in regards to have a franchise mode essentially.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 05-28-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
I think we have to ask ourselves what we really want in a football video game. Do we want it re-creating everything identical down to the NFL to the point where you dont know if you're watching TV or a video game. Or do we want a video game that is FUN. I choose FUN.
Exactly! I keep seeing various complaints about not being able to create the NFL. I am assuming that the makers of this game did not spend countless hours so people can completely replicate the NFL. It was probably made to to be a new, fun experience. If you want to play an NFL game, Madden is coming out in August...If you want things to be exactly like the NFL, the season starts in Sept. I dont know how good the game will be, but not being able to make NFL players down to their shoelaces is not a knock against the game.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

This info on the league modes took ENTIRELY too long to be released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I just realized something. Season mode isn't just one season. Here is the quote from the screen on the video...

"Build your own league to compete in. Then take a team and lead them to glory over numerous seasons. Create a winning franchise by building a team with the quality to win."

That is awesome. So there are two choices in regards to have a franchise mode essentially.
This has always been known, we just didn't know why it wasn't called franchise mode. Now we do. It's just really disappointing after the 'everything you'd expect in a season mode' quote from Rob or whomever that was in the 90 minute interview when asked about franchise specifically.

Basically the team you have is the team you'll take the field with every single play. No injuries or fatigue, so your sets will be identical every single play. WR, RB, OL won't need to rest due to a minor injury or fatigue, and you don't have free agency to plug any holes you may have, you have to wait until the next draft (or trade, which I thought was confirmed but wasn't mentioned in the video?). No salary cap to be aware of when making roster moves... since there are no roster moves to make, and no salary. I am not sure there's been a more shallow franchise mode in any football game that tried to pass something off as a 'franchise mode'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »