Home

What would you address...

This is a discussion on What would you address... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What would you address...

What do you guys mean by "patches"? like DL em from the PSN onto the game? please explain!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #18
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Xtreme
What do you guys mean by "patches"? like DL em from the PSN onto the game? please explain!
Yep, but its hard to determin what is and isnt patchable. It depends on the engine. NBA 2k can add animations with its patches but MLB 2k cant even add errors.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing, but when asked yesterday what the Backbreaker dev team is working on, Todd replied that they weren't able to say.

If they're working on a patch, I am not sure why they wouldn't be able to say they are... they were freely admitting that work was beginning on BB2 before BB1 started showing up at stores, he could have said they're still working toward that too and been consistant with what has already been said.

Going on 3 weeks of silence from Rob.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #20
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

My first hour with this game was brilliant but then when I realised that the CPU couldn't beat me, it lost all allure. Like most of you guys my gripes are simple.

1. Obvious mistakes with the rules of football.

2. O Line pretty much doesn't exist. I can pass the ball but I have to let it go within 1 or 2 seconds, not giving me any time at all to go through any progressions. So 99% of the time I'm passing to my primary receiver.

3. CPU offense is absolutely horrid. Even on hard its pretty much disgraceful due to the amount of turnovers and its inability to maintain a drive.

4. Inability to edit player ratings. I'm on PS3 and am very jealous of Finn's editor. The ability to soup up the O line and diminish the DB's INT chance would greatly improve this game. This is one design choice that has me absolutely baffled. With so much time in development its clear that the BB team wanted their game to play this way. eg. Loads of turnovers & sacks, but have given us no way of customizing the game to our own preference. Its really confusing, why limit the ability of the community to help improve the game?

There is a ton of potential in this title but personally I think its dead in the water. With the sales figures being so abysmal and the silence from the devs on a patch being so deafening, I would highly doubt this game has a future. In terms of a patch or a sequel.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #21
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
My first hour with this game was brilliant but then when I realised that the CPU couldn't beat me, it lost all allure. Like most of you guys my gripes are simple.

1. Obvious mistakes with the rules of football.

2. O Line pretty much doesn't exist. I can pass the ball but I have to let it go within 1 or 2 seconds, not giving me any time at all to go through any progressions. So 99% of the time I'm passing to my primary receiver.

3. CPU offense is absolutely horrid. Even on hard its pretty much disgraceful due to the amount of turnovers and its inability to maintain a drive.

4. Inability to edit player ratings. I'm on PS3 and am very jealous of Finn's editor. The ability to soup up the O line and diminish the DB's INT chance would greatly improve this game. This is one design choice that has me absolutely baffled. With so much time in development its clear that the BB team wanted their game to play this way. eg. Loads of turnovers & sacks, but have given us no way of customizing the game to our own preference. Its really confusing, why limit the ability of the community to help improve the game?

There is a ton of potential in this title but personally I think its dead in the water. With the sales figures being so abysmal and the silence from the devs on a patch being so deafening, I would highly doubt this game has a future. In terms of a patch or a sequel.
Very well put, but I must add do not lose hope. The vibe is very strong that a patch will be released , and it will drop around the time the UK version hits retail.

Once the patch is released that will determine to me the faith of this franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Very well put, but I must add do not lose hope. The vibe is very strong that a patch will be released , and it will drop around the time the UK version hits retail.

Once the patch is released that will determine to me the faith of this franchise.
With the UK release on Friday if there's no patch in the next week, you're saying everyone should give up then?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
1. Make the offensive line stronger, defensive line weaker.
2. Make QBs a little more accurate.
3. Make DBs drop less/ swat more balls.

Doing this should help both the CPU's run and pass games. If they did that, then I would never quit playing this.
I agree, the problems this game has don't seem deep rooted, no need to rewrite code or do anything drastic. A simple global adjustment to ratings could cure a lot of the issues the game has. I would also like a better replay system but I can wait for BB2 for that. While there are other issues that need to be addressed, if they fix these the wait for BB2 will not seem as long.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I agree, the problems this game has don't seem deep rooted, no need to rewrite code or do anything drastic. A simple global adjustment to ratings could cure a lot of the issues the game has. I would also like a better replay system but I can wait for BB2 for that. While there are other issues that need to be addressed, if they fix these the wait for BB2 will not seem as long.
There are some fundamental problems too though, like players having no weight, that impact the game greatly.

I am just afraid that they go and mess up a bunch of internal sliders, and now the CPU AI can't complete a pass to anyone, and you have 15 seconds in the pocket every play... instead of giving people the ability to tweak the game themselves w/ some kind of slider system. All these problems were created by the people we're asking to fix them, and we trust they'll do it 'just' right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »