Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #201
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

So tomb, do you not agree with the statement that to many run plays are getting slammed into the backfield???

Reason I ask this is because I do NOT touch the stick until I see the hole. Then the RB will cut to the hole. That is not my issue. My issue is that my RB is getting hit almost the instant he is getting the ball LITERALLY 8 to 12 times a game. Which then negates my rushing numbers because far to many -3, -5, -4, -3, -4. Adds up and knocks your total down to hardly any rushing numbers. If I did not get hit as I am receiving the hand off as much then YES maybe so I would average high rushing numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #202
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
So tomb, do you not agree with the statement that to many run plays are getting slammed into the backfield???

Reason I ask this is because I do NOT touch the stick until I see the hole. Then the RB will cut to the hole. That is not my issue. My issue is that my RB is getting hit almost the instant he is getting the ball LITERALLY 8 to 12 times a game. Which then negates my rushing numbers because far to many -3, -5, -4, -3, -4. Adds up and knocks your total down to hardly any rushing numbers. If I did not get hit as I am receiving the hand off as much then YES maybe so I would average high rushing numbers.
Interesting discussion you guys are having. Phobia and Tomb, for a frugal gamer, is it worth the $30 at Best Buy?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #203
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Interesting discussion you guys are having. Phobia and Tomb, for a frugal gamer, is it worth the $30 at Best Buy?
I say yes. I think the game has its issues which I pointed out. But it is a impressive enough of a tech to warrant playing. Plus the tackles themselves are so amazing and no two games are ever the same. So the replay value is there.

But I think the biggest thing that makes it worth a buy is that it is FUN. There are issues, don't expect a game as polished as NCAA or Madden. But for a year year outing it is well on its way to be a contender.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #204
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:

I will 100% agree there is a problem with certain running plays against certain defenses. It seems the DT's are sometimes unblocked when guards are pulling on tosses and sometimes on inside running plays DTs s blow through the line. That should happen now and then but not at the frequency its happening in the game.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #205
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Only if they are willing to put in the time to learn how to play the game. If they want to play madden then I would not recommend the game. Its a different game. Once you learn what you have to do to play consistent offense and defense, you will have fun in multiplayer games. Single player games your games will vary. Sometimes the cpu plays a nice game. Other times it plays crappy. Its better since the patch but it still needs work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #206
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

I've been having these issues since the first gameplay videos I've watched, but then there were members (whose names I simply forget) that continually deflected by saying it's different when you finally have the game in your hands. There's a difference between being in control of something and having no control at all, though. There is not a single maneuver that I could make to avoid a tackle when just getting handed the ball.

This is an issue from both sides of the ball, both by the human and CPU players. I'm surprised this wasn't more appropriately addressed in the patch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #207
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I've been having these issues since the first gameplay videos I've watched, but then there were members (whose names I simply forget) that continually deflected by saying it's different when you finally have the game in your hands. There's a difference between being in control of something and having no control at all, though. There is not a single maneuver that I could make to avoid a tackle when just getting handed the ball.

This is an issue from both sides of the ball, both by the human and CPU players. I'm surprised this wasn't more appropriately addressed in the patch.

I deleted everything and found the pre-patch running game to be pretty decent. They nerfed something in the patch.

Todd on the boards says he can't replicate the problems people are having. I think some "0" got turned into a "1" some where along the lines making the running game broken.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #208
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I deleted everything and found the pre-patch running game to be pretty decent. They nerfed something in the patch.

Todd on the boards says he can't replicate the problems people are having. I think some "0" got turned into a "1" some where along the lines making the running game broken.
Like I said, I've had issues since this game came out. I expected them to address these issues in the patch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »